What's on the smoker today?

Smoked a small tri-tip for father's day. This is my first attempt with tri-tip.
Seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, smoked @ 225 for an hour and a half and pulled it at 125°. Gave it a sear in a cast iron pan and let it rest for 15 minutes.
I must pat myself on the back;) because it was delicious and tender.

0621201609-00.jpg0621201658-00.jpg

Smoked a small tri-tip for father's day. This is my first attempt with tri-tip.
Seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, smoked @ 225 for an hour and a half and pulled it at 125°. Gave it a sear in a cast iron pan and let it rest for 15 minutes.
I must pat myself on the back;) because it was delicious and tender.

View attachment 144481View attachment 144482
Have yet to try one of these out....man that looks tasty.

First attempt at a smoked pork shoulder. I had a boneless picnic roast in the freezer, will not use that cut again. Wrapped it in foil about an hour and a half ago and it’s still climbing. Smells and looks great.
Let us know how it turns out. I smoked a bone-in pork butt once. It tasted great but it was not falling off the bone tender, I sliced the meat off. It was because the temp stalled at about 160° and it was getting so late I pulled it at about 190°.
Know that I know about this I will have to try it again.

Make sure you verify the temp of your smoker with an accurate thermometer. I have an electric Masterbuilt that reads 35 degrees too low on the built in thermometer. Cooked several shoulders and briskets on it that took way longer than they should before I finally QA’d the built in thermometer. So now I set it at 260 to get a “real” 225 cook temp and all is good. Tough to get a 200 internal temp when the smoker is only at 190 :eek:

Just got a new Masterbuilt gravity feed charcoal/wood smoker/grill. Looking forward to testing that baby out tomorrow. Plan to reverse sear a 32 oz bone-in ribeye tomorrow. 1 hr smoked at 225 then 1-2 min sear on each side at 700.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back