What's on the smoker today?

Reverse smoking on a rib-eye steak.

Smoke the rib-eye in my smoker using Hickory for just shy of 30 minutes. Then onto the gas grill to sear each side for just a few minutes leaving it medium rare. Process starts in about 2 hours!!
You need to consolidate, in order to provide for your fam! Pellet grills can smoke and sear. 😎😎

Bear shoulder and whole packer beef brisket, 1st pic of bear shoulder is at 8 hour cook mark so bear had 4 hours to go

Do you wrap the shoulder at all or just direct smoke? 225?

Has anyone here tried the Masterbuilt charcoal gravity smoker? I’m thinking it might a good Father’s Day present for myself 😋

Has anyone here tried the Masterbuilt charcoal gravity smoker? I’m thinking it might a good Father’s Day present for myself 😋

No, but I saw that thing as Bass Pro the other day. That's really interesting. Basically treating charcoal like pellets? I was confused because it said it holds something like 12 hours of charcoal, but I can get that out of my little Weber Smoking Mountain.

I like the fact that it can maintain temp (via the electric fan) anywhere from 140-700 degrees. So one unit for both smoking and grilling/searing. I currently have a nice Weber charcoal for grilling and a separate Masterbuilt electric smoker. I love the convenience of the electric smoker automatically maintaining the temp, but it leaves a bit to be desired on the smoke ability since it’s more smoldering the wood vs. igniting it. So to be able to do real wood and charcoal and automatically maintain the temp has definitely gotten my attention. Not to mention it’d free up some space on my patio.

Ribs today.
Spouse is working remotely form home so we have projects to do while smoking.
1 rack of young goat ribs, domestic, and a full side of feral hog ribs.
I think post oak and pecan for the wood.
Fischer's BBQ Rub for the seasoning.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back