PEAX Equipment

What's on the smoker today?

Usually mix up my own but this is first try with Backwoods Original from LEM with hickory pellets on 200 for 2 hours and 15 mins and it is some of the best I've made or had. I mixed it up before work and let sit in fridge for 10 or so hours and smoked it last evening. 4 lbs are gone!

Definitely will give the Backwoods a try! I have one venison roast left that I’ve been debating whether to make jerky with.

Plan to knock out some summer sausage this weekend!! This was my last batch that didnt last long!!🤤

Attachments

• 33C73760-9142-45D1-B62F-17BFED84AC23.jpeg
    33C73760-9142-45D1-B62F-17BFED84AC23.jpeg
    902.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 84C40D6D-8AEC-4E30-A38F-43939B912A29.jpeg
    84C40D6D-8AEC-4E30-A38F-43939B912A29.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
  • AB9B6A9C-BCE5-41DF-B107-AB2D0DB814AC.jpeg
    AB9B6A9C-BCE5-41DF-B107-AB2D0DB814AC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
gave rinella's meatloaf a shot for the first time. tweaked a few things though - namely i put it on the pellet grill instead of in the oven.

important to note, my whitetail was ground without any fat added, so, naturally i decided to add enough bacon and bacon fat to bring it up to at least 20%; did the bacon on the pellet grill too. also smoke toasted the pine nuts (highly recommend)

it was rather good, decided i'm not a fan of the mustard and honey mixture glaze though. wasn't bad, just wasn't a fan. used sharp provolone and snuck into my wifes power greens mixture from the store instead of baby spinach

next time i do this i'm gonna smoke the onions before sauteing. but first i'm gonna give shaw's more classic italian version a try.

this turned out to be a pretty greasy mother, and not in a bad way

IMG-6332.jpgIMG-6340.jpg
IMG-6343.jpg
IMG-6345.jpg

gave rinella's meatloaf a shot for the first time. tweaked a few things though - namely i put it on the pellet grill instead of in the oven.

important to note, my whitetail was ground without any fat added, so, naturally i decided to add enough bacon and bacon fat to bring it up to at least 20%; did the bacon on the pellet grill too. also smoke toasted the pine nuts (highly recommend)

it was rather good, decided i'm not a fan of the mustard and honey mixture glaze though. wasn't bad, just wasn't a fan. used sharp provolone and snuck into my wifes power greens mixture from the store instead of baby spinach

next time i do this i'm gonna smoke the onions before sauteing. but first i'm gonna give shaw's more classic italian version a try.

this turned out to be a pretty greasy mother, and not in a bad way

View attachment 147643View attachment 147644
View attachment 147645
View attachment 147646
I was viewing this not logged in and when I went to log in so I could “like” it instead of my username and password I started typing “meatloaf”. Your adaptations sound delicious! I will have to give it a try and will no doubt have meatloaf on the brain until I do.

I was viewing this not logged in and when I went to log in so I could “like” it instead of my username and password I started typing “meatloaf”. Your adaptations sound delicious! I will have to give it a try and will no doubt have meatloaf on the brain until I do.

I feel like most good Americans, I grew up hating meatloaf. then some switch turns in your brain in adulthood that says “how on earth could you dislike a freaking loaf. of. meat. ?”

add in some smoke and bacon, how could it go wrong??

Just pulled 6lbs whitetail venison summer sausage with cheddar and jalapeño off the trays. no casings as I find I get a nice Rhine from the bradly. Really like this high temp cheese as it adds some visual along with solid flavor. The jalapeño is seeded and de veined so no heat but great sweet notes of freshness as my posse have tender pallets(bunch of rookies). View attachment 145140
That’s some unique next level cooking right there. Thanks for sharing!

Not in the smoker but over a wood fire . Found a new marinade recipe that will be added to are recipe book

Attachments

• 20200723_180420.jpg
    20200723_180420.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back