What's on the smoker today?

Got the pork on the smoker last night around 7. Got up around 4am and my internal temps weren’t where I wanted them. Bumped up the heat too 250 and let cook. Still on the smoker just need 5 more degrees and I’ll Be good to take them off.

Attachments

• 168C72A2-40EF-40FF-9590-22DD0899D3C1.jpeg
    168C72A2-40EF-40FF-9590-22DD0899D3C1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
I've got a bunch of bonito in the freezer I want to smoke. The yellowfin is awesome smoked. I can imagine it didn't last long.

Picked up two lobster tails & 4 oz. fillet mignon steaks for NYE. Thinking ill smoke those

@wyoboypt I was running short on time today or I would have done things a little slower. This was some lime juice and Traeger's prime rib rub, after rubbing that in it sat for about 2.5 hours. Then ran the smoker at 225* until I was getting about 135* to 140* on the probe. It came out nice and tender and I'm sure gonna miss not having more.

We had bacon wrapped venison tenderloin on the Rec Tec tonight.
used a dry honey bbq rub and used apple pellets at 375 for about 30 minutes until it got to 145 then tented it for 30 minutes before slicing. Came out perfect.

Tried something different today. Put 2 pound and a half Tbones in the smoker and lit some hickory. Smoked for about an hour and then seared them over the fire. Topped with grilled onions and morel mushrooms. Garden green beans with bacon and onions along with cheesy hashbrown casserole rounded out the heart attack on a plate. 20191229_155123.jpg20191229_170448.jpg

It's 32 this morning so I'm smoking today, pork loin and mt lion backstrap over oak wood.
The spouse is boiling the last skulls from this year today as well.
Have you smoked the lion before? How do you prepare for smoking?

Have you smoked the lion before? How do you prepare for smoking?
Haven't smoked any before but made some great green chile last big cat we had. I just seasoned it with some bbq rub and other spices much like pork. Some good friends will get a taste downtown at happy hour today.

1 1/2 hours of smoked ice yielded smoked water. Smells pretty interesting but looks like dirty water now. I did add 1 piece of pecan wood to the hickory at the end to help finish it off. Kept the fire low and clean smoke out of the stack.
Into the freezer for a taste test later this evening. They say bourbon, bloody marys and old fashioneds go well with the smoked ice.

View attachment 78664View attachment 78665
I put a pan of water on my smoker everytime I have room for it, great old fashions or any whiskey on the smoked rocks!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back