Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Whatever you do, get out of your truck as little as possible. That end justifies all means.

Last year, closing day of deer season, hiked 3 miles into a unit to a beautiful cut to watch as the sun went down only to have some dude drive into the middle of the cut, which was behind a closed/walk in only gate. Luckily, he later was detained and charged with trespassing, as he'd apparently been vandalizing gates, driving into walk-in only units, and shooting tma signs.

This year, the amount of people just heading up the hill after dark was ridiculous. Poaching is on the rise here, and it's absolutely disgusting.

It's not just in CO. Where my bro lives in AZ near the famous units 1 and 27 the locals rarely leave sight of their vehicles even in those units.
Yes there are a lot of elk in those units but there are also a lot of "lazy" hunters, they just drive the roads all day. :confused:

Dad taught me hunting ethics, which seems to have gone away everywhere. I miss him terribly but it’s good he didn’t have to see what has happened to hunting ethics and to what we’ve become politically. It is refreshing though to see a thread with some real comments rather than people just being parrots just blaming all the Californians. Maybe we still have a chance. Admitting a problem is the first step to fixing it.

I think a good solution to the problem would be not just having a hunter safety course but having to have a hunting ethics course as a requirement to being able to get a license. Hunters Ed I know goes into this a little bit but they don't talk about a lot of what we see in the field from hunters doing both illegal and unethical things.

Hunters Ed I know goes into this a little bit but they don't talk about a lot of what we see in the field from hunters doing both illegal and unethical things.
They do in the three states I’ve taken hunters Ed and instructed hunters Ed in.

The tricky part about slob hunters is when your relatives are slobs. Fun to spend time with them but not when they're doing stupid sh*t.

Can’t abide by it, have them in the extended family as well and it (ethics/morals) rank the same as improper gun handling- one and done for me. I’ll limit my exposure to beer and football but it’s a no for the woods or marsh. Uncomfortable or not!

The number of road hunters here in PA is disgusting. Nothing ever stops them either. I’ve seen guys shoot out the window during flintlock season. It is pathetic.
I’m actually surprised guys don’t carry a truck door with them to the shooting range instead of using a bench. Nothing like real world practice.

My FIL's friend doesn't even take hunting boots with him when he goes hunting because he never leaves the truck. True story.

Also, the same friend saw a guy shoot an elk out the window. He went down to said person and said something to the effect of "I gotta shake your hand. I saw you shoot that elk out the window and that's how it's done!" :oops:

Ok, I admit it... as much as I prefer to stalk big timber and walk-in only units, I do road hunt *sometimes*..
I'm also a woman who has no choice but to hunt alone or with my young daughter, if I'm to hunt at all some days. We all know how dangerous that can be for anyone, man or woman, in deep, dark, steep terrain. But hey, I'm just being honest. I don't always have the balls to venture down an old growth canyon alone, and I'm not afraid to admit that, even if I do get hated on for it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back