Caribou Gear Tarp

What would you have done?

JEL

I am struggling with this a bit. Yesterday on my daily hike I started hearing an elk chirp. Loud and often. Obviously a calf in distress. I started hiking towards the sound and saw a coyote run off. When I got to the calf I found the rear end eaten out. No other elk in sight or sound. I know what I did and it was hard but I feel it was right. Nature is a bitch.

04C0BAE1-2B59-4D86-8A50-1DDAA208BCF3.jpeg

Last edited:
I am struggling with this a bit. Yesterday on my daily hike I started hearing an elk chirp. Loud and often. Obviously a calf in distress. I started hiking towards the sound and saw a coyote run off. When I got to the calf I found what you see in the video. No other elk in sight or sound. I know what I did and it was hard but I feel it was right. Nature is a bitch.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/6c/12/24723809-0E33-4131-B609-4B66B2432D4E/IMG_5520.MOV
I don’t think the video loaded correctly

I don't know what you did, but I can imagine.
...and yes, you did the right thing. As hard as it was, it was the "right" thing.

....and "YES!", Mother Nature can be a real female canine!

I'm still not sure what it is you did? Did you dispatch it?

Edit, Togie is right, don't answer my question.

Last edited:
Only one option in my opinion. I’m sure you did the right thing as would most of us on here.

Tough one. I think most everyone would feel like putting it out of its misery would be the right thing to do, legal or not. But it isn't legal (at least in WY). And elk and other critters die like this all the time. It's nature. No easy choice.

In this one purely hypothetical situation that could never play out in real life and definitely didn’t happen, I could justify putting a calf elk with this butt eaten down. I feel as if it doesn’t violate the spirit of the law.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back