Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What would you do?

Oak

Expert
Scenario - After hunting hard for 9 days and spending the last two packing a buck out of a hole, you come across this on your way out Sunday afternoon:

Truck1_zps3to6xay8.jpg

Truck2_zps6xbx5jvl.jpg

Truck3_zpsdqozud1y.jpg

The stuck truck is locked, keys taken, in gear. There is no other road out. Your hunting partner only has 4 hours of his deer season left. Your ice chest is down to 6 beers. Ice chest in stuck truck is empty, save for ice and an empty Keystone 30 pack box.

What would you do?

I would first post the pic of the buck I had been packing out, then bring things back on topic ;-)

Winch cable to snatch block hooked on tree at right of picture then to his receiver hitch sliding rear end to picture right looks like it would give me enough room.

I've been in a similar situation only we we're not able to reach our destination because of a stuck vehicle period slightly better than your situation

So it's your only way out. i would get my 54" jack out and put the lip on the trailer hitch. Jack up and lever the truck to the bad wheel side every time i get the back wheels in the air. It would take you 2 or 3 times but eventually you get enough room on the left to pass.
If you don't have the 54" jack. i would use a floor jack and put a tow strap on and pull him back towards the right. Obvioulsly pulling him off the floor jack every time but you'll still get there.
If no jack or dont want to dmage what you have i would attach a chain or tow strap to his hitch and jerk it back tothe right. eventually you'll gt enoough room to pass

Next time tell Dink Shooter not to leave his truck in the middle of the road:W:

I wouldn't thrash it, looks to be stolen and dumped - I've seen it before unfortunately, at least it wasn't set on fire.. Call FS and Sherriff if you've got a signal, start digging your way out around the side.

Tough to tell from the pic but you could get your saw oout and clear the brush on the left side. Bring your left side tires up on the hump on the left. Looks like there might be enuf room between the tree and his rear panel to pass.
might have to get your shovel out and chip that left side berm down some to get up on it

Last edited:
What does it say on his tailgate?

Calling law enforcement if you can is the only thing I can think of. Is the guy walking out?

What brand of boots is Dink wearing?

New prototype I'm a prostaffer for, can't elaborate more than that.

What does it say on his tailgate?

Calling law enforcement if you can is the only thing I can think of. Is the guy walking out?

Funny everyone thinks calling the sheriff or Forest Service is the solution.

Last edited:
I usually have the opposite problem, I'm the stuck guy. I have had to walk out and get help while leaving the road blocked, it is kinda stressful.

oz

My solution,
-Start dink shooter walking hoping he can find a deer to shoot in the next 4 hours of walking, if I have not caught up with him have him keep walking until he can contact help.

-inventory what I have in my truck that will be useful, currently that would be a bow saw, shovel, pulaski, chain and tow rope.

- from here it is a combo of what had been offered, try to maneuver back of stuck truck to right, and clear a path on the bank on the left, between the two I will be able to get around the truck.

- leave the poor sucker a couple of cold beers

-catch up with dink shooter at or about dark.

oz

There is no amount of digging that is going to get a truck around this mess. Save for 30-40 rabid Honey Badgers.

Back