What would you do?

On facebook here in my local area there are buy/sell/trade pages for the area and free stuff pages and things like that. Perhaps you could join the ones in your area and post that you found a GPS and see if the owner is a member of those sites and could get ahold of you there and give you details about it to prove that it's his. If it's not a local, then they'd be shit out of luck with that idea. I would go with the warranty registration idea as well.

Oh man, didn't realize it was you that lost it Randy. I usually put one of those address labels on my stuff or write my phone number on it with a sharpie. You have to put some clear tape over the labels to keep them from wearing off.

I am always paranoid about doing that, so every time that I get out, I check around the door. I write down any waypoints that need to be remembered, just so if that happens, I can reload another unit. I would hate to lose my On-x, though.

Gerald nailed it. I'm the dumbass who can't keep track of his belongings. The really ridiculous thing is that I 'lost' it in my pickup for the two weeks before this last weekend.

No doubt this time though, it fell out of my pickup at one of a few glassing pullouts that half of Ravalli County was using last weekend. We'll see if I recognize any pickups in my shed hunting and bear spots this spring.

If any locals hear of anything, please let me know. I have an ad on Craigslist with a small reward attached.

Oh snap, the sign idea may still work in reverse. Good luck. I figure most guys would look but may be dismissive if its outside of their normal area. The shed one may get their attention but remember most guys are lazy so they may not even venture out to check them. This whole time I was trying to ease a moral dilemma and I should have been touting how most people are good honest people. Sorry, but I have a saying, things are usually only half as bad or half as good as we initially think. Good luck.

Have any of you guys seen the Bitterroot Valley Craigslist ad that is offering gps coordinates to hunting locations for $5 each? Sounds like a good deal. Just Kidding Randy. Sorry to hear about your lost GPS. Hope it shows up in one of your gear bags or on your front lawn next to the diapers.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back