What would you do?

Oak

Expert
I ordered about $300 worth of hunting clothes from Cabelas on June 30th. The website mistakenly didn't give me a $30 discount on a sale item, so I talked to a customer service rep right after placing the order. Meanwhile, the incorrect charge had shown up on my CC as "pending". The rep. said he fixed the billing problem, and the next day the incorrect charge disappeared from my CC account. I received my order on July 6th, but the correct charge has not yet been billed to my CC.

Should I consider it a gift from Cabelashump , or call them up and fix the problem? Maybe they're just slow with charging the CC??? Free hunting clothes would be nice, but there's something to be said for good karma. What would you do?

call them up and be honest about it. you might be suprised, but then again you might not as you really shouldnt expect anything other than what you paid for.
Honesty is teh best way to go.

Delw

Oak, my buddy sent me an email saying that Cabelas was running some sort of sale, all kinds of where $30 off if it was over $30... I though wholy chit.... So l log on and pull a bunch of stuff out of my wish list (I know you all have it too LOL) and place an order. Sure enough I got the discount, mine was for $120 worth of stuff, couldn't beat the $4 pack of broadheads that were regularly $34 so I ordered 3.. anyway the next day I get an email saying that they had a computer problem and now my bill was xxx+$120. So I though, well I don't want this to turn into a big mess and have to fight with them and the CC company and end up wasting a lot of time. I looked at my CC statement on line and it was increased by $120... So I figured I'd just cancel my order and forget about it.

If it was me, I'd sit back and let them figure it out. Its not like they are a Mom and Pop store just scraping by, chit most of the stuff they sell can be found cheaper if you shop around... If they figure it out then so be it, if not... well I doubt they'll be postponing a grand opening of a new store any time soon.

I think if you read in their 'user agreement' or what ever it is, most sites usually have a disclaimer that prices are subject to change at any time, and that there could be a possiblity that the prices shown are incorrect... One of those CYA notes for internet/computer glitches.

Congrats on the free cloths! ;)

I would make the call and fix it up with them. Cabela's has ALWAY'S been straight up with me on purchases and returns with no questions asked and great customer service. It would be like srewing a friend to me. Karma always seems to come around somehow or somewhere. JMO..

I must be a Schiester, I disagree.

One time, a few years Back I transfered $1000 from my Swiss bank account over to an American Bank account. (Key bank at the time). Anyways, there was some Mistakes and took some extra time and I ended up with 2k in my account. I didn't say anything for over a Month. Till my statement showed it was still in there. When that happened, I went to the bank, told them about it and was expecting at least a Thank you. ALL I got was a remark like "We would have found out about it anyways, next time tell us Quicker" attitude. F-them !!!

Once in Bank of America a couple years ago I deposited my Paycheck on like $6843 or something like that and they added an extra 4 in there so it was $68,443. I saw the Paper driving away and went home that evening and Called the Bank automatic teller. It was Truely in my account. Me sitting with ove 70k... KACHING !!! :D That one I would have told them and the Next day I called them and the night autitors had caught it already.

Anyways, All that trash talking I'd still say something. If nothing else We'll respect you more.... Although if you don't We still like ya too :p

I would let them know since it is Cabelas, but it were like Eddie Bauer or someting, i would cram it right up their tree huggging anti hunter arses hump

The guy said he would fix it, he did, it probably won't occure again, good work, Oak. I think it was a gift. For all of your trouble, right? Restaurant managers do that sometimes, just pick up the tab and take care of it. I'd feel guilty, but I'd eat, that's what I went for. I don't know if Cabela's does that or not, but it sounds like they did?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kws82590
Back