What will you never take for granted again?

I think just being able to hang out with family and friends more. I could desperately go for a big party with friends right now. And before I get hate from people saying to just do it, our circle of friends has a lot of healthcare workers and they're pretty much always being exposed at the hospital, whether they know it or not. Plus, they've been pretty well beat to death dealing with Covid patients.

Have four deployments with number five looming so I think I'm pretty good at not taking little things for granted but I would love to be able to sit in a restaurant or just drink coffee outside a cafe and watch the world go by.

Wasn't at an in person worship service for Easter this year for first time in my life and will now miss a Christmas Eve service.

Getting onto a crowded elevator or having someone cough very close to me without covering their mouth. Not sure I will go to a sports event or music concert next year. Went to Blake Shelton concert first week of March and was packed but still a lot of confusion re how deadly Covid was so no masks and physically bumping into people on the concourse. Not going to willingly do that for a while. Even flying is a mess as board and deplane currently.

Was taking one of the granddaughters to her first Nutcracker show this year but that is delayed. That may be the next event ticketed, in-person event I attend and hope is next December. Kids grow up fast and the window to be "cool" and have them in awe is short indeed.

On the “social” part of social distancing, not much.

The bigger impact for me has been my work. Not traveling to visit with my team and customers has been a huge change, and I miss that interaction. I’ve gone from flying 150-200k miles a year to not a single flight since Feb, and likely not until at least June of next year. We’re doing the best we can given the circumstances, but I do miss the global travel, great food and cultural experiences, and camaraderie with my team and customers.

On the “social” part of social distancing, not much.

The bigger impact for me has been my work. Not traveling to visit with my team and customers has been a huge change, and I miss that interaction. I’ve gone from flying 150-200k miles a year to not a single flight since Feb, and likely not until at least June of next year. We’re doing the best we can given the circumstances, but I do miss the global travel, great food and cultural experiences, and camaraderie with my team and customers.
Man, I hear that. I do a lot of global travel with work. It’s a ton of fun seeing different cultures and trying different foods. This will be the first time in 14 years I’ve gone a year without flying.

I’ve been able to avoid crowds and weddings since March. This is incredible. I will miss social distancing when it’s gone and I’m currently not taking it for granted.

Last edited:
The ability to spend face to face time with family and friends.

My grandma is 84 and I feel like this pandemic is robbing people her age of being close to the people they care about at a crucial time in their lives. The whole thing just stinks.
Agreed. I have a couple of coworkers who recently lost parent(s) to COVID within the last few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back