Caribou Gear Tarp

What Tripod do you use

Jc2020

I’m looking for recommendations on a light weight tripod that won’t break the bank but is decent and works good for spotting scope phone scoping and binos wanting something for an upcoming back pack hunt curious what others are using thanks in advance

I've used the Vortex Summit for years. It's great because of how compact and light it is. That means I don't ever think about carrying it, and always have it. I mostly use it with my binos and the adapter. This allows steady and clear glassing.

There are a number of threads on tipods. A lot of it comes down to personal preference. I have a vortex summit I would sell on the cheap.

I run an outdoorsmans now and love it, the summit was to small for my 85mm spotter. I also have the vortex pro gt and really like it, it is the backup to my outdoorsmans now.

I use a promaster carbon fiber model that has been discontinued and a Slik 634 CF as well. The slik is 250 but you can find them on sale occasionally.

Leupolds carbon fiber tripod. Incredible stability, durability, and light enough to pack into the backcountry if needed. If you are Leo, first responder, or military, you qualify for a great price as well!

I use the Microlite Carbon from Field Optics Research. I just went in to Sportsman's one day and looked at a bunch. I liked how light and small it packed down.

I’m looking for recommendations on a light weight tripod that won’t break the bank but is decent and works good for spotting scope phone scoping and binos wanting something for an upcoming back pack hunt curious what others are using thanks in advance
How big is your spotting scope? I went ultralight this year and got a Kramer Design Corp Granite Peak tripod, weighs around a pound. Not as stable as a full size tripod but great for a small scope or binos. Price isnt bad considering they are fabricated locally here.

How big is your spotting scope? I went ultralight this year and got a Kramer Design Corp Granite Peak tripod, weighs around a pound. Not as stable as a full size tripod but great for a small scope or binos. Price isnt bad considering they are fabricated locally here.
Mine is a vortex diamondback 20x60x80

I just bought a Manfrotto Element. It was on last item discount at the local Cabela's. Burned my points to get it down to less than $50. Regularly about $120
The legs fold back over the head so its about a foot long folded in the carry bag. 12.5" folded up, 52.7" at full height. Weighs 2.5 lbs.
Supports my Swaro ATX85 handily. The only drawback is not handlebar.

I use magpuls new bipod and love it so far

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back