Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What to do

LuckFarming

I leave on the 13 of oct.for my elk hunt in wyoming.The problem is we are only half done with harvest.Been raining for a week. I guess the wife and son will have to get along without me.I may loss my job as combine driver.More time for hunting.Is wolf season still closed.

I leave on the 13 of oct.for my elk hunt in wyoming.The problem is we are only half done with harvest.Been raining for a week. I guess the wife and son will have to get along without me.I may loss my job as combine driver.More time for hunting.Is wolf season still closed.

Do you really need help answering this question?

It all depends on what you are harvesting. If it's corn leave it stand. My Pinto beans are about 3/4 harvested, I hope to finish over the weekend since I have a 2nd season bull tag for unit 61 (Colorado). It had better quit raining is all I can say.

Can you move your trip? Being a farmer and trying to hunt during the fall is a tough balancing act. Personally harvest comes before hunting. My brothers farm and they don't hunt by they sure do put some hours on the lake for ice fishing.

I might worry if it was soybeans in the field, but corn should be ok. I'm leaving oct 11 for my pronghorn hunt basically in the same situation. As far as losing your job in the combine I would rather drive trucks, more time to spend on hunt talk while I'm in line or waiting to be loaded.

I have the same situation, I was able to squeeze my unit 62 antelope in last week in wyoming during the rain event in northern North Dakota. Now hopefully the weather will hold for the next 10 days so I can finish my wheat and 4 qrtrs of canola before I take of on the 21st for MT elk. These cold frosty days are not very productive, only averaging 50 to 70 acres of wet wheat a day. But my uncle is on standby if this nightmare is prolonged, I'll be damned if harvest is going to affect my elk hunt. So good luck

Back