What to do?

Bwana

Hypothetical question:
If you won a raffle drawing for a S&W Sigma 9mm would you;
- keep it and be happy you won?
- exchange it for the same gun in .40 cal?
- apply the value of the gun $400 towards a different handgun?
- what brand?
- pistol or revolver?
- what caliber would you choose?
- scrap the pistol thing and buy an AR? ;)

I have a Ruger Mark I in .22 caliber for plinking and I don't want to spend alot of extra money for something else. This gun will be used for plinking a bit and just to have for something with a bit more horsepower if need be, i.e. self defense which up here is more likely to be a rabid skunk or mountain lion but who knows.

I have always liked the look of the 1911's. Revolvers are more simple to operate. Have looked hard at the Springfield Armory XDM's which come with a great package of accessories but still undecided.

Any thoughts?

I would trade it towards a new pack, spotting scope, binoculars, lighter camping gear, new rifle, arrows, broad heads or a "Thanks for being so understanding I'll see you in a few weeks" gift for my wife. If I were to trade it for another handgun it would be a small light 44 Mag (self defense against anything in the lower 48 and most things beyond). I wouldn't keep it.

I like tthe AR option but if you stay with a handgun think about a Springfield XD in .45 ACP.

My only handgun is my Ruger Single Six that I use when I run a trapline.

I still haven't gotten my head wrapped around the "need" for a self defense type pistol. If I spent a lot more time in grizzly country I might though.

I tend to buy guns based on a need or at least a perceived need. My AR-15 was more of a perceived need, but it's getting put to work more than I thought it would really.

I second the upgrade to one of the Springfield XD in 45acp. I would suggest a colt or kimber instead, but that would necessitate a quite a price bump. Might also look at the new Ruger 1911 in 45acp.

Well, hypothetically, I'd file the numbers, go downtown; trade the '9' for 300$ worth of coke, and a 100$ hooker. Pimp out the hooker, cut the coke with desenex and sell it in an even more shady part of town. Save the profits from both endeavors. In a week, buy a kimber. Use kimber to kill hooker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooterwallace78
Back