Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What to do in Cody, WY?

trophy_killer

I'm gonna be in Cody and Powell for a couple of days at the end of the month and was wondering if there was any must eat or must see places besides the Buffalo Bill museum while I'm down there.

Fishing on the North Fork and the South Fork of the Shoshone can be fantastic that time of year. Also, just a drive up the South Fork can be fun. Lots of elk and deer and bighorns around there. I'd definitely take a drive up the Chief Joseph Highway, and head either over to Red Lodge or Cooke City. The Red Lodge route is much more scenic, taking you over the top of the Beartooths and down a dramatic descent to Red Lodge.

Tacos el Taconazo is good eats, as is the Rib and Chop House. Sierra Trading Post has a big retail center in Cody across the street from the Museum that is worth heading in to and there are a couple of good gun shops that have some interesting pieces in them. My favorite is the Armory, across the street from the Rodeo. Lots of older rifles, both smokeless and Black Powder.

Are those in Cody. ?

They were when I visited.

Wild Sheep Foundation
720 Allen Ave.
Cody, WY 82414
Phone: 307.527.6261
Fax: 307.527.7117

The grave of John Jeremiah "Liver-Eating" Johnson, as well as that of several other pioneer-era people, is on the site of Old Trail Town in Cody, Wyoming

Attachments

• johnson.jpg
    johnson.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 180
You can't get over the beartooth pass into Red Lodge unless you have a snowmobile. That highway isn't open yet. Cooke City is still under six feet of snow as well, but you can get there. Have fun it is a great area. It is where I grew up.

Check out the Wyoming Armory on the west edge of town, John and Keith know there way around a rifle. The Proud Cut beats the Chop House for a steak any day of the week. Go to the Silver Dollar Bar for a burger, don't pass that one up. Awesome town, wish I still lived there.

Beer and ........................Beer is always good ! (Just stay away from Shirley, down on Main & 3rd)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back