Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What the Hell is this ??? We need Help .......

looks like a dead grey whale. the tail flukes are usually the first think to rot off or get eaten off by sharks while drifting, thats why it looks like a whip tail. we get a dead whale every few years up here in kachemak bay, usually humpbacks. had one wash up about 3 miles away once and the local museum went over and cut off all the meat and blubber and put the bones in this huge mesh bag below the tide line, so the sand fleas and other crustaceans woods pick clean the bones. had huge chunks of blubber float around the cove and stinking up everything for a month.

Last edited:
looks like a dead grey whale. the tail flukes are usually the first think to rot off or get eaten off by sharks while drifting, thats why it looks like a whip tail. we get a dead whale every few years up here in kachemak bay, usually humpbacks. had one wash up about 3 miles away once and the local museum went over and cut off all the meat and blubber and put the bones in this huge mesh bag below the tide line, so the sand fleas and other crustaceans woods pick clean the bones. had huge chunks of blubber float around the cove and stinking up everything for a month.
That all makes sense, but what do you make of the thing sticking off the side? Big rotten chunk flopped to the side maybe? I always lean towards strange things being most likely something common with an uncommon appearance, so if I had to bet I'd go with whale that looks odd in the photos. But it sure looks weird, can't wait to see some more pictures.

60454446-FA6C-4C53-9583-A530A8538856.jpeg
Since it’s only 60 minutes to home and it’s such a chill evening on the Oregon coast we’re gonna do a short beachcomb and enjoy a beautiful Sunday afternoon at the beach peace out everybody thanks for following along

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back