What shotgun?

Get your hands on a Browning remake of the model 12 in 28ga. That is a great clasic to shoot. I have one and love it, also no one can give you a hard time with a 28
Jay

I understand the double argument, I just don't live in a tax bracket that allows me a purdy, or browning, or ruger...I've got a a 20 sxs and a 12 ou from brazil imported by stoeger, and I shoot them better than I ever shot my pump guns. They both just fit better. I'd think one of the brownings, or with some effort an skb would be excellent for your application.

I have the citori and a red label.my brother has the berreta. love to shoot them all. My nephew who is 18 came over to show off his first self bought firearm a remington spr10. We headed out back to shoot some clays. My brother and I went and each bought one the next day, for a very cheap o/u it comes out of the safe way more than anything else.

When you coming to town Craig?

As you know, your auto is doing a fine job, but sometimes a guy just has to buy a new gun. I have an old hand me down Mauser that is so dang fun to shoot... so I dont have to buy a new one. Although, I am trading a longbow for a brand new Red Label this winter, so hopefully I'll like that flavor too!

Went out with a co-worker yesterday and got to try out a Red Label 20. Kinda liked the feel. Not many birds. Got this one and missed another that I should have gotten, but took too long trying to figure out where the safety was.:mad: Who puts a safety on the receiver anyway?:D

deadbird.jpg

There ya go, thought you'd look good with red label cracked, and what I had invisioned :) sweet stuff. Plan to go chase some eastern CO ringnecks next weekend!

Ah the red label 20. That gun has quite the history. Ask him how many drake mallards he's killed with it. He probably knows the exact number.

Went out with a co-worker yesterday and got to try out a Red Label 20. Who puts a safety on the receiver anyway?

Welcome to the world of real guns. It won't take long to get used to that and selecting the barrel you want as you mount the gun. Just make sure your thumb is off the selector before pulling the trigger or the breech release could split the end of your thumb like a hatchet if you don't have full control of the gun.

Tried the Ruger again on Saturday. Unfortunately I was only able to pull the trigger 3 times.:D

GuNR is making me a proud dad. He locked on the first bird and gave me a great shot. The second one he got about 20 minutes later. Flushed it in front of me and retrieved it out of some very thick CRP.:cool: Both were mature birds.
15.jpg

It took a while to find our third bird, but walking around northern MT in December with 55 degree temps made it very enjoyable. The last bird went down with a broken wing. GuNR ran right to where the bird went down and let his eyes, nose and ears go to work. After about 10 seconds he was on the bird and the rodeo began. Jumping bird, jumping dog and feathers flying. He brought the live bird back to me less a couple tail feathers. Good pup.

19-1.jpg

He is a shot from earlier in the week when he was trying to get back our bird that someone else stole.:D
13-2.jpg

My suggestion would be to get some new friends who are not gun snobs (I'll join you with an Ithaca 37) and use that gun money for a hunt. Maybe a mountain goat hunt. :D

I'm with Oak on this one! If your current gun is working fine keep stacking the birds with it.

Geez, save some parrots for me.

I like the last pic, Ruger didn't want to share apparently??

Just wanted to throw this in since we are looking at dogs and parrots! This guy is making me proud too... he's put up more than I've knocked down for him... but we'll get that figured out soon enough.
GD1stBirdrs.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back