What Mittens does Randy Wear?

silverkitten73

My youngest son and I watch Fresh Tracks almost daily. My son told my wife that he wants mittens like Randy wears on the show. Anyone know where he got them from?

LuketheDog

Well Randy, I ordered a set of these before my 3rd season deer hunt this year, it was 60+ degrees during the day...maybe I'll get to use them next season!

efw

Randy I hope you have a corp sponsorship from those guys cuz my wife just bought me some it looks like I'm not the first here.

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Randy I hope you have a corp sponsorship from those guys cuz my wife just bought me some it looks like I'm not the first here.

Nope. But it is nice to know you, and others, will have warm hands with functioning fingers when you are out hunting in the cold.

Straight Arrow

Thanks to Big Fin's link, I acquired a pair of the deerskin choppers. I used my Army wool mitten liners with the trigger finger and my hands were toasty warm this season.

Tkaldahl2000

It was a good Christmas in Minnesota if we found a pair of choppers under the tree. Thanks for the link. I will be ordering shortly.

mikey lo

I buy a size bigger, not so much for the liner rather for the hand warmers to fit in them when it's really cold.

I am in awe of such genius that I was too hard headed to even think i could have warm, toasty hands while hunting!! After all these years of hunting and "sucking it up!"... I am ordering the whole family some! Thanks Randy! Some of us are smart RANGERs and some of us were strong RANGERs....

marksjeep

Great thread! I save elk hides when the pack out won't be too bad and then have them tanned hair-off into leather. I just had these gloves and mittens made with one. I was very pleased with the turn-around time and the quality of the finished items. They do a lot of other stuff too, but if you're looking for mittens or gloves from your own leather, don't hesitate. http://www.clpuber.com/mittens.html

20161223_142037.jpg

Sitka Banner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
257bob