What is your single top hunting season goal this year? I expect updates damn it.

Bull elk is my main goal every year. I’ve never shot one, and it pains me horribly. I’ve come very close; closer each season, and I pray this year’s my year. I would think for a landowner and an outdoorsman, you have a perfect set of goals that would be incredibly rewarding to achieve! But wait, no black bear??

If you need another fella in your Montana HammSlamm party, holla! 😎😅
Bear’s died! I really should add wolf. I haven’t seen it, but there‘s a commonly spotted solo.

My number one goal is to be able to give my desert sheep tag a good effort. Heart issues and foot issues will hopefully be gone by the start of the season. Fear of failure has been heavy lately.
There’s no failure, only learning. I know that feeling, especially when health is involved. Set a clear goal, start on actions to move toward success, assess constantly, adjust the goal and actions as necessary. The key for me is feeling like I’ve given something my best, and allowing that to settle my anxiety. I believe in you! This sounds like a once in a lifetime thing. Soak it up. Prayers and energy are flowing your way.

What’s your top goal? I want you to think about this. Really challenge yourself to pick the 1. I could talk about my knees, killing a mature mule deer buck, harvesting a critter on my new property.

My long term goal has been termed the Hamm Slam. This goal specifically is to harvest mature big game on my land in Montana; elk, whitetail, mule deer, and finally a moose. That last one will take a minute.

The challenge is to narrow it down to the most critical goal for this season, but I’ve got it. I want to kill a bull this year. When I lived back in Montana 20 years ago I killed a bull nearly every year, but life changed that. I moved to Washington, and my goals shifted. I was in a seriously shitty relationship that gradually nearly eliminated all my hobbies. My opportunities and time became limited, so I focused on what I had. That was time and opportunity to hunt deer. I haven‘t killed a bull in 22 years, and I’ve killed 9.

I am hunting Washington archery elk, and all seasons in Montana. The dream would be to kill a bull with my bow, but I’ll be stoked to harvest any bull at all this year. My actions will be to get out every moment I can and hunt hard. I’ll also be learning a ton. Currently I’m shooting at least every other day, and 3D shooting a minimum of 3 times a week at Spokane Valley Archery. I am also listening to loads of podcasts and calling my brains out in my truck.

I’ll try to keep you guys updated, and look forward to you doing the same!
Noble goal!

I just accomplished my number one goal which was to shoot a velvet buck with my bow. However, the primary goal every year is to get over 120 pounds of clean, organic, red meat in my freezer. I’ve been blessed to achieve that goal the last several years, but I never take it for granted. I still have an elk and deer tag in my pocket🤞🏼 I can’t wait to hear about the property hunts @Hammsolo !!

There’s no failure, only learning. I know that feeling, especially when health is involved. Set a clear goal, start on actions to move toward success, assess constantly, adjust the goal and actions as necessary. The key for me is feeling like I’ve given something my best, and allowing that to settle my anxiety. I believe in you! This sounds like a once in a lifetime thing. Soak it up. Prayers and energy are flowing your way.
Thanks. I’ve been setting goals and working towards them. I need to know I gave it my best effort even if my effort can’t match up with others

My number one goal is to be able to give my desert sheep tag a good effort. Heart issues and foot issues will hopefully be gone by the start of the season. Fear of failure has been heavy lately.
My heart condition has all but ruled out a high altitude elk for me unless I take the correct steps to acclimate.

Driving truck OTR has shown me I have reason to be concerned over 8500’. Over 9500’ is a show stopper.

Something needs to bleed.

And Die.

Hey, my standards are what they are. I kinda just hope I’m awake to see when Big Boy walks on by the stand. I’m good with that.

My #1 goal for this fall is to kill a bear during the CO sept rifle season. I know it’s gonna take a lot of luck and time and it’ll cost me days I could spend chasing dusky grouse and ptarmigan, which are also high on my list, but bear has been on my mind for a few years now.

Top goal this year is to have an elk respond to my calls. I’m not a natural caller at all. My hearing sucks and I’m tone deaf. But I’ve worked a lot and for some reason things clicked this year with the diaphragms. I’d lose my mind if I got a response bugle.

We've got two guys in our group whom have never harvested an elk, my no.1 goal is to be there to help and see the look on their face(s) when they walk up to their first harvested elk, priceless!
Just being in the mountains spike camping with good friends, the smell of elk, the sounds of bugles, no cell, no work laptop... these aren't really goals but damn I crave and look forward to this every Sept.
After that, stick a bull for myself :giggle:

You forgot to include making me that first cup of coffee so I have Java as soon as I open the tent zipper… need to work on your priorities.😏

I'm coming off a cold streak, two screw-ups with my bow on big muley and whitetail bucks, several eaten rifle tags (including AK moose), and a tough past 18 months of life. My goal is redemption, and I really need it right now...starting with a mt goat a week from Tuesday.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back