Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What is your hunting rig?

Its got a Performance Accessories 3" Body Lift (PA70023, $300). While you're doing it, change out the body mount bushings since the foam starts to decompose after 15 years (about $100). This will improve ride and its easy to do while you're doing the lift.

The lift/bushings make a huge difference on the vehicle for a relatively small amount of money. To level the front end, just do a torsion twist of an inch or so.

There is a great forum (explorerforum) that will give you tons of info on what parts to use and how to do it. Just make sure you get a 2001-2005 model since after that they switched to a unibody style and went away from a body-on-frame truck.

The nice thing about the Sport Trac is they share parts with pre-2001 Explorer's, so parts are cheap and easy to come by. Here's an older pic after a wash, I think she turned out pretty sweet.

View attachment 63166

Thanks Grizzly!! I really like the look of it. Plus I have 3 young kids so I want something they will fit in comfortably. I drive a Crew cab F-350 and it is very hard to get around in the woods and in town. I think the Sport trac just might be the ticket. Thank you very much for the info.

I've been using my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Turbo Diesel since, well, 2005. It's got 150,000 miles on it and it's been a tank. It's taken me where ever I've needed to go with no difficulties.
fullsizeoutput_ccd.jpg

I was using this rig for awhile. Greenhorns on to me now though with the minivan.

View attachment 63167

HYSTERICAL! Brother I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I very well remember a deer hunt I did back in 1984 in California. Didn't have a truck, I had a brown Datsun 210. Drove it up to my honey hole and wound up killing the biggest deer I've every killed on this trip. In fact, the warden who validated my tag told me it was the biggest Mulie he'd ever seen taken in California. But, best part is, I had to stuff him in the trunk of my car and drive him home. What a memory.

1985 Toyota 4x4 EFI with 160,000 miles. Bought from original owner in 2000.
2008 Dodge 3500 diesel with 114,000 miles. Bought brand new in Steamboat, CO
Love them both, but the Toy is my favorite!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg