What is the biggest challenge for you in hunting?

TomTeriffic

Health or physical condition?

Finding a place to hunt?

Financial condition?

Not having a mentor to show you how to do things?

Having enough time?

Dealing with laws and game regs?

Not being able to use the guns and ammo you want to hunt with depending on location, season and game sought? For some deer hunters across America, you might have a devil of a time if all you prefer is modern rifles with traditional (necked-down) cartridges and lead-containing bullets to get venision for the freezer. It would not be warm and pleasant in my heart to not be allowed to use a beloved Savage 99 in the deer woods coz of restrictions/bans against such tools for that purpose.

Not getting skunked?

Other?

Last edited:
I would be happy to have more time but realistically I can hunt quite a bit locally with a flexible work schedule. My issue is definitely access, I have slowly seen the little farms I had access to erode away (lost another one this season). Some to subdivisions and some to larger outfits. There’s some small tracts of public but it gets hammered pretty good

Time for sure. Deer season is easier to work around because I enjoy hunting evenings better, but turkey season is tough. Wife's job is the opposite direction of grandma's daycare so it's a real inconvenience to get her to take our son so I can go chase birds.

Big trips are actually easier to deal with since it's completely blocked off.

Back