What is the biggest challenge for you in hunting?

Time and other "hunters".

I wish my favorite spot was closer to me, but i manage to make the most of my time to be there.

Other "hunters" is the most infuriating issue with hunting public land.
They need to teach ethics along with hunter safety.

Health or physical condition?

Finding a place to hunt?

Financial condition?

Not having a mentor to show you how to do things?

Having enough time?

Dealing with laws and game regs?

Not being able to use the guns and ammo you want to hunt with depending on location, season and game sought? For some deer hunters across America, you might have a devil of a time if all you prefer is modern rifles with traditional (necked-down) cartridges and lead-containing bullets to get venision for the freezer. It would not be warm and pleasant in my heart to not be allowed to use a beloved Savage 99 in the deer woods coz of restrictions/bans against such tools for that purpose.

Not getting skunked?

Other?
Work gets in the way of all my hunting!

Drawing for the hunts I would like to go on.
You have to actually draw to go hunting? Too many other wannabes for competition? Not enough critters out there? I was an expert rifleman in the Army. I can draw a bead quite well! Tom Lehrer could draw a bead proficiently on whatever pesky game wardens, fellow hunters or out-of-season milk cows that got in the way. Well, if a cow is OUT OF SEASON she surely then can't be carrying any unborn so one might think she should then be ethical to shoot.

Last edited:
Hunter standing there looking cute, waiting for something to move and SHOOT! BANG!!!! AAAARRRRRRGHHHH!!
Is that a little red vixen (she red fox) in the background? A she-gunnywolf pup?

1677985147228.png

Last edited:
@TomTeriffic i hope you are related to Tom Lehrer, the guy who did the comedy hunting son in post #29. That Tom claims to have invented the Jell-O shot.

Finding the right pink hat for the hunt!
I’m two for two but the hot pink fades to fast and the hats are one offs or get discontinued. I prefer a soft brim to flip up to glass or shoot. I’ll probably just end up getting my own customs hats made for this year.AA8C6E56-03DD-4146-8520-96A231A6BD9D.jpegBCEB0960-4E2C-4915-A29B-61C519AB4A58.jpeg0331F2A7-1B69-4A68-9780-E76422510C2F.jpeg578C61F0-6162-43BE-9D6E-547B35672C5E.jpeg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back