Caribou Gear Tarp

What is more fun?

DRAFTSTUD

I have a Deer lease, myself and some buddies have leased some property in Northwest Louisiana and put a Mobile home on it as a camp, it has four bunk beds,a Covered Deck out front (thanks to DEERSLAYER). Now, my question is: do you enjoy the hunt more or do you enjoy the fellowship of the camp as much as you do the Hunt, Yesterday I watched from my stand (in a cutover, so I can see a Loooong way) as my buddy shot a buck and as my son shot a buck, all before 8:00. Well, I could have stayed in my stand and continued hunting or do what I thought would be more fun and that was to enjoy the feelings that my son and buddy were feeling. We had a blast taking pictures and enjoying the moment, Deerslayer and his Girlfriend came up and also enjoyed the fun. DS went back later that day and took a buck as well, so 3 out of four killed yesterday and I truley feel as though I did'nt miss a thing! So, What is it, the hunt or the friends that accompany you on a hunt?

LMAO,

I agree w/ Craig, Xcept! ;)

For the most part it's all in the experience. Not the kill. Some of the most fullfilling moments for me were when I helped other people bag their first, or fullfill that dream at taking a tremendous trophy. It always makes it that much more special when your turn finally does come around.

and my friends are all pricks.

Thats the Attitude to finally make a friend Miller ;)

the Fun part is throwing on a 30 pound pack, starting out the Morning and hiking your Hunting buddies in the ground. Then when you stop to rest and they are Breathin' hard, you do some Pushups and Offer to carry thier pack :) THATS the fun part :D

I'm in the Transition of Killing is fun and taking pictures to wait for something bigger. As far as Fellow hunters, I'm a social person and like to camp with people. the more the merrier, I like after hunt talks, I love it when Others kill stuff, But When I hunt I am more successful on my own or hunt with a Select hunting buddy. But camp, I don't like going back to a camp on a solo trip.

OSOK, it's not the Experience, It's the chance when you're time comes around :D

I am with a Moosie. I like to camp with others but solo is fine also. I like to hunt solo while archery hunting as if mistakes are made its me and no one else that make them. Which seem to be quite frequently it seems. So if you ever see someone in the desert beating the crap out of themselves just wave and drive on. LOL
I have sat and pondered about hunting camps. I have seen alot of camps think its just to get away. I have seen some where I never see them except at night. But I go for the hunt. I love being on the hunt. Nothing like having no care in the world when your up in the mountains or out in the desert. I think about no bills no work nothing. Just there for the hunt. Even on the scouting trips. I love being out on a hunt. Literally. My past life I think I was born in the mountains somewhere. Who knows.
Taking an animal in icing on the cake. But to sit around with friends in camp for comradirie sp? will not lessen the odds of bagging an animal. Being out in the hills will. I spent 10 days this last fall alone elk hunting and it was the best trip so far for my hunting. I had 2 friends who backed out and thought it would be a bummer to be out but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the best. Didnt have to worry about if someone got something down or if they where OK. Just hunted.

I like hunting alone and camping with a few good friends. I'm very uneasy being in the woods with lots of people with loaded guns and itchy fingers, so I usually hunt as far from the general populace as I can get. Glen and I have been hunting together for almost 15 years, so we stick together and away from everyone else. Even at that, I've had one case where someone tagged and ran off with a huge mule deer while I was on the blood trail. Nope.. don't like hunting with strangers...

:cool:

It seems that most of my hunting trips with co-workers and friends end up being more about having fun and getting to know each other better. I think it would be a miracle if we ever shot something since most in camp only go to get away from the house and have some good ol fun with the boys. In the spring we have more fun at midnight blowing up soup cans in the fire and counting to see how long they stay airborn! ( note....canned dog food and pink salmon reak like none other when blown up in a raging fire!!)

I think the experience is what you make of it. Just being out in good old Mother Nature is enough to satisfy me. The smell of fresh pines and clean air makes it all worth it. If, by chance, I do happen to shoot anything, that's just an added bonus.

I like to hunt, with the killing being icing on the cake. But, sharing it with some good friends is even better.

miller- I think I resemble that remark. :D

When I went hunting, Moosie said shh and hold the camera. It's hard for me to be quiet that long. :D So Moosie isn't so fun to hunt with. (J/J bro, keep asking me along)

Wylee is fun to hunt with though. He keeps dropping his pants. ;)

I enjoy my own company and the kill. However, I sometimes enjoy one, or at the most, two good partners along. Once it goes past two partners it turns in to a crowd. This is in regards to big game hunting. When it comes to upland birds and waterfowl I could care less how many come along as long as everyone is being super careful with their firearm handling. Then there's turkey hunting. I prefer to do that solo or with ONE other person.

Good Question.

I never was a "killing machine" and I like to pick up the camera just as much as the gun. I enjoy helping my friends out more getting their animals than I do my own. I like to hunt with a lot of people but then again I like to go by myself taking pictures.

I just enjoy being in the hills, it doesn't matter if I have a tag or not.

wilecoyote76 I know some of the Guys eeerrrrr at least "guy" you hunt with. I'd say it's all about fun too :p

Mojave, you're still talking too much, Shut up and Hold the Camera :p April 15th is coming soon, We'll get you on a bear this year sis , I'll even let you shoot Carlos, I'm guessing his hairs back by now :p

Hi All!

Hunting with partners is fun and if we take something that is icing on the cake, and usually takes a couple of days to get over :D ! I hunt a lot on my own and the hunting becomes more serious, then it as all about the hunt. I am usually more successful when I hunt on my own. I like to get out with friends a couple times a year but the rest of the time I hunt on my own.

See Ya!

It is the hunt. I have no kids and my friends are all pricks.
Maybe I should have said--
It is the hunt. I have no kids or friends, because I am a prick. :D

There is nothing greater than being with your kids or good friends when they harvest a great animal and then the fun starts. I enjoy helping others if I know them and they are decent people. I love a good camp and a campfire at night and the stories that go with it.
But when it comes to getting down and dirty and hunting, I prefer to do it alone or with one other person who I know is as serious as I am. Even being serious, it is not about just killing something, it is just being there enjoying the experience of being part of the hunt and being in the outdoors.
Guess it looks like I can go both ways???? It if fun to have a group when the celebrating starts, but it is good to be quiet and be slight in numbers when the hunting starts!
Guess I just like being there!!!! It is all fun if you are not working, or home doing "honey do's".....

I hunted solo for the first 4 or 5 years out west. Then my brother and a friend came out and hunted with me for a week. It was then that I realized that I was missing being with people and frinds on a hunt. Not so much the hunt, but the friendship and BS at the end of the day. Following year came along and the friend came out again and we hunted with another friend. Same thing, just a great time. Been hunting with friends ever since. Have never hunted with more that two other people, and that seems like it isd plenty. Have hunted with one at a time and have had a fantastic time. Getting an animal is great, but being out in the hills and at camp with good people is by far the best. I find the same thing each and every time I go out in the hills on the horse in the sumer. I enjoy being in the hills and seeing new country, but I enjoy it a little more when a good friend is on the trail with me. The experience just seems to be better. So give the choice of solo or with a friend, give me a friend to go out in the hills and to share camp with.

I would have answered differently last year but this year I found more enjoyment trying to get my brother an elk and listening to his excitement on the matter. The talk around the fire and the fire itself makes the trip. To score, that's the iceing on the cake.

i'm a loner when it comes to hunting............raining, windy, freezing temps.......i'm there........by MYSELF

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back