Caribou Gear Tarp

What is more fun?

It is the whole experience of hunting and camping with family and friends .
I enjoy my time alone but it is quite different while with my sons. I cant express the feeling but I there is some satisfaction that they are there with me. I love the BS at camp with friends. Being able to get other ideals and learn new jokes is always fun.

Myself a 3 of my buddies have a 1280 acre lease with a three bedroom house on it so I guess I couldn't say we ruff it what with hot showers and satilite TV but we all hunt alone but enjoy each others company around camp al will most likely remember the funny thing that happened around camp longer than what any of us have killed. I have hunted alone for many years and truly enjoy the solitude but I also like to pull jokes on my hunting buddies around camp. There's nothing like dumping a bucket of ice water on a buddies head while he is in the shower.

For me its all in the experience. I love getting one but if I dont, I never look at it as a failure, or money lost, or time wasted. I also like to learn, I never have gone hunting when i didnt learn something new. Life is full of shoulda's, woulda's, and coulda's and so is hunting. I just take the experience and file it away for the next time I am in that situation.

I have helped my brother get more good animals than i myself have gotten. I love it though, he trully gleams when he gets a good one and that to me makes it all worth it. For a long time he didnt understand what it was all about and put tremendous pressure on himself to get one. ruind his hunts year after year but he is starting to understand now. My Mom does not get it. She looks at it purely from a money point of view. This year due to injuries and the like we didnt hit the Elk hunt as hard as usual, I loved the hunt period, but she was nothing but pissed off at us. For me its the time with family and freinds for sure. Soon I hope it is with a significant other, most dont want their wives of GF's there but I love it!

Well for me its the "hunt' first...i`m real serious about filling my tag...and depending on what i`m after /drawn for.. i just won`t shoot the very first rack that i see... i like to have fun in camp.... but i have to get serious when hunting... but yes i love getting out-of-the city...and in the boonies...the whole experiance is great...Miller that was funny as hell...LMAO.

I like the hunt. I seldom go as a big group and dont party until something is harvested first.
I find i hard to find someone very compatable for hunting big game. And found large groups have too many opinions that will hold back needed change, or camp location.
on the other hand i look at Bird hunting as the opposite, more of a way to do things with new freinds and hunt with others. I guess it all depends on the game.

I really think it depends on what I am hunting. I love to archery hunt bymyself. I love to do couple of day backpack trips with ONE good buddy and I love to bird hunt with a couple of friends. Their is nothing like glassing up a buck and stalking it by yourself, but at the same time, nothing like a little BS while waiting for the ducks to fly by. (in AZ we have to wait a long time sometimes :) )

There was a time when all I did was duck hunt, and it was alot of fun. I know that for around 8 years I never went big game hunting, just Duck and Rabbit hunting with my Beagles along the Red River. We had 23 Beagles at one time and it was not unusual for us to shoot 30 Rabbits in a day. Our best was 42 and a Coyote! We would start after the first frost and quit when we saw the first embyros, sometimes that would occur 2 or 3 weeks before the season stopped.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back