What I did with my Saturday

Ben Lamb

Went down to Bozeman for the MT Wild Sheep Foundation meeting and banquet. I had a presentation to give on the Rocky Mtn Front Heritage Act, which both the National and MT WSF folks support. Saw some great rams, met the guys from Hunting Maps GPS and just know I'm going to win either the sheep camp (Montana Canvas tent, along with stove, cots, table and bags) or the rifle (nightforce scope, 300 WM, custom made in Conrad MT).

Robert Anderson was the keynote during the Lunch. Got to hang out with Grey Thornton and Jack Atechson Jr. WSF is a great group, and one of the few big national groups willing to aggresively fight for wild sheep. Great group of folks.

424267_252516324831403_173773609372342_566763_1693954248_n.jpg

Mark Seacat and Adam Foss were on hand giving tips on how to film and photograph hunts. They put on some great slide shows of hunting rams in BC, NWT and AK. They've inspired me to try the hero shots after talking about how to make them not so grip and grin. As you can see from the expertly composed photo, I learned a lot.

photo4.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

Another fuzzy one. The Ram that Deb is standing under scored 203 7/8 - #5 ram in MT last I knew. Was #4 until this year.

photo5.jpg

Looks like fun. You should come down to our banquet in April. Gray said today that he would be coming down, and of course Bob will be here because he lives here. Another shot to win lots of cool stuff! ;)

The sheep in the taxidermy displays might not be as big...:eek:

...might be the first double split dropper whitey I've seen. :eek:

Bem, is it true you tanny boyz find it 'hard' being around that many sheep all day?:D

Looks like fun. You should come down to our banquet in April. Gray said today that he would be coming down, and of course Bob will be here because he lives here. Another shot to win lots of cool stuff! ;)

The sheep in the taxidermy displays might not be as big...:eek:

April's a wash for this year, but I will make sure I'm there next year. Would love to see what you guys are working on.

So far I'm pretty impressed with Gray. I worked with Kevin Hurley for a few years when I was in WY and have always liked his style.

There were definitely some monsters in that display. A couple of casts of Weatherly's ram were there as were some impressive Dall, Desert and Stones.

There's something above average with the dedicated sheep hunter. Maybe it's the delicate nature of sheep, or their need for big, wildcountry, but those guys (yourself included) seem to be at the cutting edge of the conservation community.

Back