MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

what happened here

tnctcb

|oo i remember a few years ago when this site was about hunting. if you met someone off this board you talked about hunting or went hunting.

today we have 20 hunting related forums, to which no one could possiblly relate to all of them. and we have 10 forums that dont have 1 damn thing to do with hunting.

perhaps we could just quit posting about hunting all together. lets start a poker tips forum instead of an elk page because my odds of winning a hand of poker are probablly better than killing an elk in florida.

maybe a lease agreement forum to replace the hogs and exotic section because some people here will rent more houses than they will hunt hogs.

it took me 3 years to request permission to the adult section but i cant get into sportsmans issues to watch likeminded people bitch among them selves on who is right.

does any of this bother anyone else here.i personally know both of the people who are responsible for making this site operate. they are free to do whatever they want with the bandwidth but i think it has gone from a group of people who liked eachother, patted eachother on the back and gave good advice to a bunch of people who will never speak to eachother who dont give a damn what happens to another human as long as they get to make a post to make themself look knowledgable.

please tell me i am not alone here. or maybe the other people who agree with me are already gone. if i am being a dick well so be it but i dont think this was oscars idea when he started this thing but its what it is now|oo

I figured this was just a site where people hung out and discussed things that interested them. Hunting, fishing, jokes, politcs, naked women, recipes, movies, etc. Thats why I stop by.

hasnt been the same since the old green board.

Things change. A little more variety isn't bad. If I don't agree with a particular section like SI or the Adult section I don't visit it. Simple as pie. If I think someone peed in my soup intentionally then I take it up with them personally and not openly flame away. Certainly, a few on here could use better manners, but its a fun read anyway.

I still think there is a lot of valuable info gleaned on here. I've met a few of the people from the board, in general, very likeable.

Just think how much more productive members of society we'd be if this forum didn't exist!

The Viperess said:
Well Hell maybe he should just do away with all the hunting stuff

:D :D ..nah fall will be here soon, besides a healthy debate quickens the pulse & sharpens the mind.

besides a healthy debate

This is the magic word though Ken... Healthy, and I'm betting most of these "issues" don't fit under the guise or guidelines of debate...

Russ, no disrespect intended, but that's entirely up to the respondent...no one is mandated to take the bait. Without indignant replies, the gangbangers would quickly lose interest.:) ;) :cool:

...& go pick on someone else.:eek:

I kind of figured that this was the second or third generation pig pen.. You know. A more politically correct, softer, more gentle pig pen.

:cool:

W.T. freak ?!?!! HA !

TNTCB, You need some Fresh air man !!! ..MY INTENT, on this board, as you stated was this :

1. To meet guys to go hunting with
2. To have fun.

Everything else is by the Wayside. This site is ALL about that. Your Rampage about :

"but i think it has gone from a group of people who liked eachother, patted eachother on the back and gave good advice to a bunch of people who will never speak to eachother who dont give a damn what happens to another human as long as they get to make a post to make themself look knowledgable."

Come on Tim, Thats all self inflicted. I still like people and they still like me. Others are hooking up on a daily basis. Every Week I get Emails from people that say Thanx for the site and people that read it and like it. This site is Still... and is Growing stronger each day what my "VISION" was.

So what if SSR pissed on your cherios in the gun section. Thats some Funny chit to me. You're the one letting it go to your head. Notice Elkchsr, Although I tease him on some of the stuff he posts I read alot of his posts too that are good. There is ALOT of good information and you need to decide what is and What isn't. This site (TODAY) is no worse then the DS/BCAT/RB/DECON/ days. matter of fact I see less fighting now then at that time.

One thing EVERYONE needs to realize is if you get mad at something it's your own fault. I could post for hours on examples on this board. Not to offend you but think about this. And truely think about it. I saw were you told SRR how Kids read this forum and he shouldn't have pointed a gun in a BAd direction. I agree with you 1200%. But then you said something to the Effect of YOU $*)Q!#@$ A$$ hole .... Now you don't want kids to read about Bad gun practice and ALOT of people don't want their kids to read the cussing. This site is Tame chickens compaired to alot of them....

We all need to look at what we post.

NOT the same board ? You bet not !!!!! I think it's better. I've met and far surpassed my goals with this site. I look past the Pissing posts and Pull the Stuff I need. I hook up with guys from around the Country. Hell I've hooked up with ALOT of local guys that I would have never known. ALOT of good guys !!!

Only want forums about hunting... ?!?!?!?!???? .. come on, think about it.

Hunting , although Huge in my life, is still second to alot of things.

I get Movie Reviews, I get Investing advice, I get Jokes, I get Life Stories, I get weather updates, I get recipies, I get product advice, I get my Adult Content fix hump , and I get hunting af all fashions....... Just a Hunting site ? Come on bud, you know better. This is a one stop home for many.... and will be so for years to go. HuntTalk was never just about hunting, and never will be !!!!

My advice is take a look-see at all the Good stuf that goes on and By-pass the crap posts that make you mad. It's that simple. Simple simple simple !!!!

REMEMBER, no matter what anyone writes.. YOU... and ONLY you , can make yourself mad. I've learned long ago to take in the things I like and Skip past the things I don't. Some people leave, some stay.....Hopefully you post longer, but if you leave the site keep it real and you still got my number, friend !!!

Moosie said:
I hook up with guys from around the Country. Hell I've hooked up with ALOT of local guys that I would have never known. ALOT of good guys !!!

And so, Moosie, at last, has revealed his life-changing news for real. We welcome you out of your closet and thank you for having the courage to do it in such a public way.

Oh yeah!! I'm old enough to remember the "good ol' days" with DS, Raven[no] Beauty, Bcat, Elkie, when everything was calm and civil.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back