What food do most like, but you can't stand?

Velveeta, most things with “green chili” in the name or which contain chili powder(I like literally every other kind of pepper, and sometimes enjoy actual green chilis), the souther dish referred to as “chili”, Miracle Whip, 90% of ranch dressings(but the ones I like I REALLY like...nonetheless I prefer blue cheese), any bean or pea that was dried before you cooked it, pizza from a chain that delivers, white meat chicken, honey ham, sharp cheddar, and pork ribs(give me beef ribs please).

Despite my list, I’m NOT a picky eater. Of everything on the list, the only items that would reduce my daily food intake if you served them to me would be Velveeta, the dish referred to as chili, and most foods items with “chili” in their name.

I'm surprised some of you folks don't starve to death. It's obvious that a goodly number don't get and never have been hungry, I mean gut aching hungry. And what does texture have to do with whether or not one likes a certain food? Must not have been breast fed.

The only thing I don't like about eating is when I get grit from oysters or langostino in my teeth and it starts cracking twixt my molars! :)
There is a difference between “liking” something and “eating” it. I’ll eat every food on my list. A few of them will leave me underfed at the end of the night though...at least for a day or so.

I hate hot drinks...even in the winter. Everything I drink is ice cold. I've gotten tricked by the smell of tea and coffee too many times. "This time will be different" I say to myself. May as well be drinking boiling hot weenie water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one my brother sent me. My younger brothers were 12 & 15 yrs behind me, so they grew up with a 'different' set of parents than I did. I'd already joined the Marines when the older one was 5 yrs.

This one is from the 2 yr old when I left.

His quote: "My Mom called it Hillbilly Pizza. It was Pumpernickel bread, Ground Beef and Cream of Mushroom Soup, with melted American Cheese!!!! Vial! I refused! I ate many a bowl full of cereal those nights!"

Yeah Bro, I get it. Don't get me started on the stuffed peppers...... 😢

I was in Honduras for work a few yrs ago and we had a group dinner at a restaurant on our final night there. The local delicacy was shooting a raw turtle egg from the half shell. Pretty sure most Hondurans thought it was great but this boy from the USA was not a fan...lol.

Im not picky. The only 2 things that I wont eat are pickles and brussel sprouts.

I was in Honduras for work a few yrs ago and we had a group dinner at a restaurant on our final night there. The local delicacy was shooting a raw turtle egg from the half shell. Pretty sure most Hondurans thought it was great but this boy from the USA was not a fan...lol.
Balut is an equally appetizing egg treat in the Philippines. I can count the number of things I flat out refused to eat on one hand. That was one of them.

Didn't read through the whole thread so it might have been mentioned already, but I'm going with sweet potatoes and sour cream. Both are nasty if you ask me.

Took my daughter to Spain a couple of summers ago, and we signed up for a cooking class in Barcelona. Part of the class was we went to a local fresh market to buy the ingredients for the meal we were preparing. Fortunately “cabeza” (animal head) wasn’t on the menu that night, although they had plenty of it (along with lots of other disgusting parts) at the market!

2D4B8426-8B06-47F4-9EE8-4943C9A32EC6.jpeg

Cooking classes are a very underrated thing to do on vacations. You get to eat and drink very well, plus learn how to cook in the process!

Took my daughter to Spain a couple of summers ago, and we signed up for a cooking class in Barcelona. Part of the class was we went to a local fresh market to buy the ingredients for the meal we were preparing. Fortunately “cabeza” (animal head) wasn’t on the menu that night, although they had plenty of it (along with lots of other disgusting parts) at the market!
Before my dad passed away he would occasionally find a beef head or maybe a goat head or two at the store and roast them up. (y) You would be surprised how much meat is on them, cheeks, tongue and neck meat.
Stir fried with green onions, cilantro, tomatoes and a few jalapenos. It was delicious!! :D

img_4660.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back