What food do most like, but you can't stand?

I know that freaking guy! I took a coworker to Milwaukee WI once who told me that there wasn't anyplace good to eat. I told him to take a look around, asked if he saw any skinny folks! He rephrased his statement and said that he was looking for a subway.

I put red onions, black olives, spinach, mayo and guac in my Subway footlongs!!! The horror!!!

To contradict myself:

"If you don't like it; you probably haven't had it prepared correctly."
This is very true. I tried lamb cooked several different ways by different people and never liked it. Last year my niece brought us some home-grown lamb chops that I seasoned and cooked myself to just med rare. It was delicious!
Turns out every piece of lamb had been way overcooked.:(

Mellons of any kind .

Grits - it's just paste. Seriously. Paste.

Kale - spiky spinach? GTFO.

Tripe/Brains?Tongue of any critter. I'm not a zombie, Karla. Get it away from me.

Gram and Gramps would always offer me scrambled eggs & brains or a cold tongue (sliced hair thin) sanny when I went out to Red Lodge to visit them as a kid.... hard pass then and now!

Raw tomatoes trigger my gag reflex but I like everything made with them. I like a little mayo on a sandwich but anything made with mayo like potato or pasta salad is revolting. I don't particularly care for corn on the cob and watermelon. Beets may be the most vile thing on earth, though pickles and relish may be a close second. I'm not a fan of coconut. I don't get lobster, fishy tasting rubber.
Sour beer, seriously WTF is up with that?
Your from SWPA and don’t care for sweet corn 🌽🤬🤬

IPAs

if i wanted to consume bitter piss i could do it for free
You are drinking the wrong IPA's my friend. One of the better-made 'New England' style IPAs from CO (e.g. Outer Range, Weldwerks, Wiley Roots, Odd13, et al) can change your mind on the bitter part. But yeah - if someone hands you a Ska Modus Hoperandi (which I love, tbh) and your palate doesnt like 'bitter', it's going to be a tongue-buckler.

Onions, most god awful food on earth, ruin the flavor of everything they touch
How in the world do you make soup, stew, chili, sauces, shit - basically anything?

If you mean 'raw' onions (un-blanched, un-pickled, just sitting there on a sandwich or something), I'm sort of with you...but, man.

Back On-Topic: Asparagus for me. I can eat it under duress or if it's covered in Bernaise next to a giant Beef Ribeye, but otherwise it's a stinky piece of crap.

You are drinking the wrong IPA's my friend. One of the better-made 'New England' style IPAs from CO (e.g. Outer Range, Weldwerks, Wiley Roots, Odd13, et al) can change your mind on the bitter part. But yeah - if someone hands you a Ska Modus Hoperandi (which I love, tbh) and your palate doesnt like 'bitter', it's going to be a tongue-buckler.

truth is, when i drank beer i didn't mind IPAs. though, why one brewery needs 12 different IPAs on tap that really only range from bitter to extremely bitter with barely a change in flavor is still a mystery to me. and why have all those IPAs when basic ales and lagers are immensely more refreshing, refined, and dare i say.... better?

i think i have a bigger problem with beer snobbery than IPAs themselves. and i don't think i necessarily have a problem with beer snobbery either, i've developed a problem with the type of person that typically is a beer snob.

1619630365928.png1619630396566.png

i think my affection for coors light was borne more out of a desire to troll my obnoxious fart sniffing beer obsessed friends than anything else.

but damn is coors light refreshing.

ultimately a few years ago beer of all types started really twisting up my stomach in bad ways and i haven't had sip of beer in a couple years

I'm such a picky eater it would be easier to list foods I do like.
Seriously, the only thing better than meat and potatoes, is meat and meat. With gravy, of course.

I do like most veggies from the garden and salads, but not crazy about most fruits. Will eat the occasional pear off the tree or strawberries/blueberries in season.
Seafood (other than fish) is a no go.
Raw tomatoes, onions, peppers no thanks, but cooked is OK.
Mustard - NO! Mayo OK but not anything like pasta salad or potato salad.
Guac - are you kidding me? Salsa, nope.
As much as I like meat, the organs aren't happening.
My 'friends' tricked me into eating rocky mountain oysters last fall while in Sheridan, WY - my innards haven't been the same since.
I just threw up in my mouth a little...

truth is, when i drank beer i didn't mind IPAs. though, why one brewery needs 12 different IPAs on tap that really only range from bitter to extremely bitter with barely a change in flavor is still a mystery to me. and why have all those IPAs when basic ales and lagers are immensely more refreshing, refined, and dare i say.... better?

i think i have a bigger problem with beer snobbery than IPAs themselves. and i don't think i necessarily have a problem with beer snobbery either, i've developed a problem with the type of person that typically is a beer snob.

View attachment 181744View attachment 181745

i think my affection for coors light was borne more out of a desire to troll my obnoxious fart sniffing beer obsessed friends than anything else.

but damn is coors light refreshing.

ultimately a few years ago beer of all types started really twisting up my stomach in bad ways and i haven't had sip of beer in a couple years

1C71043A-7605-4486-9547-124DE480B152.png

We eat lots of different stuff - and expose the kids to many different types of food. Sometimes one of the kids would not like a particular item - and still do to some extent - like for a while one didn't like butter, or potatoes, etc. I would always say, "Well I know you didn't like it last time, but taste buds change over time - so give it a try again." And it's always worked - sometimes they like it, sometimes not but they at least try it.

Tobiko was and is both of their favorites at any sushi place - even from 18 months - they would just inhale it. I got a kick out of the servers, who would always ask "Are you sure they will eat it?" Then bring more later in the meal.

One of my least favorite places to eat is Denny's. But the kids LOVE IT. When I would go on a work-trip - my wife made it a special place to eat. Which is great, because I don't have to go. It all worked until the oldest got me with the quote one night, "Well I know you didn't like it last time, but taste buds change over time - so give it a try again."

Every now and then I have to go. Thank god Denny's at least has Tabasco....

though, why one brewery needs 12 different IPAs on tap that really only range from bitter to extremely bitter with barely a change in flavor is still a mystery to m
This probably belongs in the Beer thread, but... Brewers are like any other consumer business. They try and match supply to demand and people want IPA's. Plus - real lagers are harder to make, easier to screw up, and require more space and time so brewers also tend towards ales in general.

and why have all those IPAs when basic ales and lagers are immensely more refreshing, refined, and dare i say.... better?
Could argue whats 'refreshing' for days :) My 3 'desert island' beers (that I would be happy with for the rest of my life) happen to be a Saison, a Pale Ale and an adjunct lager made in Golden. But, I probably drink more IPA's then anything else. So 🤷‍♂️

Agree on beer 'Snobs' - I like to consider myself and others of my ilk as beer 'Nerds' - big difference.

I'm surprised some of you folks don't starve to death. It's obvious that a goodly number don't get and never have been hungry, I mean gut aching hungry. And what does texture have to do with whether or not one likes a certain food? Must not have been breast fed.

The only thing I don't like about eating is when I get grit from oysters or langostino in my teeth and it starts cracking twixt my molars! :)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back