PEAX Equipment

What food do most like, but you can't stand?

i can understand not liking grits, but i cannot be convinced anyone actually doesn't like them if made properly

i've had shrimp n' grits in georgetown, kentucky and new orleans, i simply don't understand how someone could not like it
I know why - Folks who didn't grow up with grits try to eat that stuff without butter or sugar and freak out - or they get that instant stuff and wonder what all the hype is about.

I like some bugs. Lobster,shrimp,crayfish,abalone,scollops,clams.
Others naah, oysters,urchin,mussles & half the sashimi world now.
Lima beans are canned peas evil cousin.

Kale, put some kale in a salad bowl, put add about a table spoon of olive oil, then squeeze a lemon on it. Massage the oil and lemon into the kale for a bit, like a min or so. Add some parm cheese.

;) If that sucks then you don't like Kale... you may just not know how to prepare it. I did not, I now prefer it to spinach.

-------------------------------------------

Velveeta.. :sick::sick: looks like the plastic on a power cord, tastes like cancer.
Should be illegal.
Only someone brainwashed by a doctor could throw out a recipe for kale and smash velveeta in the same post... Don’t know that we can trust him 🤔

Only someone brainwashed by a doctor could throw out a recipe for kale and smash velveeta in the same post... Don’t know that we can trust him 🤔
She likes to put a slice on lays potato chips and microwave it...

house smells like factory floor of DuPont for the rest of the day ☠️

Last edited:
Bleu cheese reminds me of the smell of piss ants.
But I love Trappist Monk cheese that smells like bad feet.

Kale, put some kale in a salad bowl, put add about a table spoon of olive oil, then squeeze a lemon on it. Massage the oil and lemon into the kale for a bit, like a min or so. Add some parm cheese.

;) If that sucks then you don't like Kale... you may just not know how to prepare it. I did not, I now prefer it to spinach.

Velveeta.. :sick::sick: looks like the plastic on a power cord, tastes like cancer.
Should be illegal.
Put that on a cookie sheet and bake at 425 for about 10 mins and you’ll have yourself some mighty fine kale chips. 😋

All these liver haters just haven't had my mom's cooking. I had severe hypogammaglobulinemia, big word for low gamma globulin levels, as a child. Along with regular injections the Dr. told my mom to feed me liver and onions at least once a week. This was in the old days in southeast Oregon and I have no idea if eating liver helped, but my mom sure made it good. I'll admit, aside from my mom's version there have been more misses than hits. My sons often inform me that I like a lot of weird old-people foods.

Should be illegal.
If you like it hot, a simple way to eat Kale is to just sauté it in a pan with a tad bit of olive oil. I like to caramelize garlic, shallots in the oil first, then add the kale (a lot of it because it shrinks up to nothing). Heat up the pan with olive oil, add the shallot's and garlic till you can smell it, then add kale. It cooks fast so have everything chopped up and ready to go prior to firing up the burner. It takes about 5 min and it's a great side dish for wild game meat. I prefer to use the lobbed leaf kale as apposed to the sharp edged kale.

If you like it hot, a simple way to eat Kale is to just sauté it in a pan with a tad bit of olive oil. I like to caramelize garlic, shallots in the oil first, then add the kale (a lot of it because it shrinks up to nothing). Heat up the pan with olive oil, add the shallot's and garlic till you can smell it, then add kale. It cooks fast so have everything chopped up and ready to go prior to firing up the burner. It takes about 5 min and it's a great side dish for wild game meat. I prefer to use the lobbed leaf kale as apposed to the sharp edged kale.
Yeah we go through ~ 1 bunch of lacinato and 2-3 bunches of curly a week.

I lot of you seem to just be naming stuff that I really enjoy...

I've travelled all around the world and have been to some wild places. No matter where I've been or which opportunity I've had, there was always that one dude who wanted, more like whined, to go and eat something "familiar" like Burger King, McDos, etc.

Life is short, eat guacamole.

I lot of you seem to just be naming stuff that I really enjoy...

I've travelled all around the world and have been to some wild places. No matter where I've been or which opportunity I've had, there was always that one dude who wanted, more like whined, to go and eat something "familiar" like Burger King, McDos, etc.

Life is short, eat guacamole.
I know that freaking guy! I took a coworker to Milwaukee WI once who told me that there wasn't anyplace good to eat. I told him to take a look around, asked if he saw any skinny folks! He rephrased his statement and said that he was looking for a subway.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back