Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What food do most like, but you can't stand?

Coffee. The stuff isn't even a food. No nutritional value at all, yet people worship the toxic stuff. They would sell their children for it, if they had to. Bitter, burnt, toxic waste that I want no part of. Not using it makes my pack lighter and my morning so much less stressful.

I'm convinced that coffee addition is some giant plot to take over the world. Hard to tell if the conservatives or the liberals are behind the conspiracy however. Both sides seem equally addicted to the stuff.

True freedom cannot be tasted without abstaining from coffee-worship.

;)

i'm getting closer, every day, to giving up coffee

it used to give me this wonderful jolt and spark of energy with each sip. these days, with each passing sip it largely just doesn't make me feel good. but i'm addicted and can't stop.

it's like nicotine, which i've finally kicked, it used to make you feel really good, especially when you first started. but after a number of years you realize it just makes you feel like shit; it makes your heart race a little, your blood pressure kicks up, and so on, but you can't stop putting it in your mouth

i'm not even 30 yet and with the number of foods out there that i've started giving up because they make me feel like shit you'd think i'm turning 55

Last edited:
This thread is making me hungry. The only thing I might agree with is a dislike for canned peas, or any other canned vegetable for that matter. I can eat them...but why?

Never liked guts no matter who made them.
Canned peas are poison. Most tin canned veggies are IMHO. Mush.
Never got okra,then again I think mussles are bait.
Pineapple,coconutty,tropical over ripe fruit. I will throw up if I smell that shit again.
Miricle whip. What is that & who eats it?

Curious what you drink every morning? I need something with caffeine and coffee seems healthier than most alternatives.

Well, I don't mean to sound like a Holy Roller health food nut (that would be my wife - who drinks at least one mocha EVERY morning). I'm just teasin' y'all, mostly.

I do, however, chuckle at those that have to crawl out of a warm sleeping bag to make a cuppa, or stop at a convenience store first thing at the start of a long drive, load a heavy thermos in a pack, etc. And I save some bucks too.

Back in the day, I swilled Coke like most here swill coffee. But I realized that is tearing up my guts, costing me significant money, and it really put a set of requirements on me every morning, every trip that I just didn't like. That said, I like those Peace Tea cans of sweet something (probably all artificial, probably some small amount of caffeine), because I'm sucker for sweet. I just don't have to have it however. What I really like is a bottle of Mountain Spring water. Just works for me when I'm thirsty.

So, cast of your coffee chains and be free, free, free at last! :)

Coffee. The stuff isn't even a food. No nutritional value at all, yet people worship the toxic stuff. They would sell their children for it, if they had to. Bitter, burnt, toxic waste that I want no part of. Not using it makes my pack lighter and my morning so much less stressful.

I'm convinced that coffee addition is some giant plot to take over the world. Hard to tell if the conservatives or the liberals are behind the conspiracy however. Both sides seem equally addicted to the stuff.

True freedom cannot be tasted without abstaining from coffee-worship.

;)
I was trying, hard, to think of a food I would add to this list until I saw this. Yes, I hate coffee too. Luckily so does my wife.

Well, I don't mean to sound like a Holy Roller health food nut (that would be my wife - who drinks at least one mocha EVERY morning). I'm just teasin' y'all, mostly.

I do, however, chuckle at those that have to crawl out of a warm sleeping bag to make a cuppa, or stop at a convenience store first thing at the start of a long drive, load a heavy thermos in a pack, etc. And I save some bucks too.

Back in the day, I swilled Coke like most here swill coffee. But I realized that is tearing up my guts, costing me significant money, and it really put a set of requirements on me every morning, every trip that I just didn't like. That said, I like those Peace Tea cans of sweet something (probably all artificial, probably some small amount of caffeine), because I'm sucker for sweet. I just don't have to have it however. What I really like is a bottle of Mountain Spring water. Just works for me when I'm thirsty.

So, cast of your coffee chains and be free, free, free at last! :)
My wife hates coffee and drinks Diet Coke. If I wasn’t drinking coffee in the morning, I’d be drinking soda, most likely Mtn Dew. Coffee is the lesser of two evils for me.

Last edited:
i can understand not liking grits, but i cannot be convinced anyone actually doesn't like them if made properly

i've had shrimp n' grits in georgetown, kentucky and new orleans, i simply don't understand how someone could not like it

I quit eating paste in 1st grade. Never felt the need to pick it back up again.

Kale - spiky spinach? GTFO.

Kale, put some kale in a salad bowl, put add about a table spoon of olive oil, then squeeze a lemon on it. Massage the oil and lemon into the kale for a bit, like a min or so. Add some parm cheese.

;) If that sucks then you don't like Kale... you may just not know how to prepare it. I did not, I now prefer it to spinach.

-------------------------------------------

Velveeta.. :sick::sick: looks like the plastic on a power cord, tastes like cancer.
Should be illegal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back