What are you thankful for?

Thankful for a warm 19' 1988 Terry camper that's stout enough to stand up to yet another fierce Hi Line wind storm on this lonely Thanksgiving Day. Especially thankful for two great hunting dogs ... and the physical ability at age 69 to still run them ragged hunting pheasants.20211125_180645.jpg

A warm fire and Rio taking up the couch. Being able to just sit here and wait for sunrise. A full night of sleep.
Life and it's twists. Dumb Luck. HT.

Was pushing a full cart of groceries to the truck yesterday in Springerville ,AZ and saw a Raptor cruising the parking lot. Had not seen a newer one recently and this one was nice, real nice. Looked like a military rig it was so clean. It parks off to my right as I get to my truck and start loading the cooler.....out of the corner of my eye I see two guys walking towards me after I thought I heard my name being called.
I almost had a ....moment and Randy Newberg and a BIG guy with a MT bison logo on his hat walk up to me all smiles.
Randy says "Good to see you Hank!" and gives me a hand shake and a hug. I pulled my jaw back up off the pavement and we had a long time no see conversation that may have taken an hour or half that....introductions to the guy who is going to help out with Uncle Larry's hunt and now for the life of me I cannot remember, and that is why they are at the store after just getting to town.
Lots of smiles and quick info exchanged. I tell him how much I enjoyed the podcast about NM elk and that conversation takes more time.
He tells me he has followed my posts about MY Gauge and health. Cannot believe we have run into each other and I am standing there and walking around easily.
BIG ole BF smile and I tell him no pain pills in 13,now 14 days.
I walk backwards and around the bed of the truck to show him the mobility.
I'm all smiles as we shake hands and hug again. Promise to keep in touch as I get into my truck.

I checked my cell and missed the call from Addicting. He had pmed me about meeting up on his way to his AZ hunt.
They had made it to Pie Town and the shop was open and they had pie. I apologized for not getting back to him sooner and your not going to believe who I ran into explanation of why I was an hour away.
No problem as they are full and have a whole peach pie............next time.
Life is good in Pie Town,NM.

I cannot find Randys number now and it turns out I'm going solo with Tday, but have a nice pork roast and the works to share. Larry will not be there til Fri and the hunt starts after.
I know that they will be out scouting today.
My mind is working on a plan.
I have to meet Larry. I have to get Bison mans name & #. NM bison & elk?

Life is good.

Hey, Springerville is the center of the universe Hank. I drive thru there and stopped at Western Drug at 11 am yesterday from Martin's hunt in unit 15 in NM. Kristy drove thru there at 4 PM yesterday from the cabin to meet me in AZ to hunt. Happy Thanksgiving Hank. Hopefully we get it done in AZ this weekend and we can meet back in Quemado or P town for some coffee and stories.

Hey, Springerville is the center of the universe Hank. I drive thru there and stopped at Western Drug at 11 am yesterday from Martin's hunt in unit 15 in NM. Kristy drove thru there at 4 PM yesterday from the cabin to meet me in AZ to hunt. Happy Thanksgiving Hank. Hopefully we get it done in AZ this weekend and we can meet back in Quemado or P town for some coffee and stories.
Small world.
Tell Kristy that Italian roast is the bomb. I'll have some bacon ready for you folks on the way home.

That I’m not dead or paralyzed after my tree stand accident.2589C821-25FD-45D1-8A5D-31AF1A393A0C.jpeg
That I get to see this little stinker almost daily and see her grow and learn new things….few words from Papaw moms not happy about!🤦‍♂️
5E2F9585-3837-469D-BA4D-4D5F3CB95209.jpeg
My awesome wife of 30 years who took care of me when I was at my worst and my wonderful daughters who were always there when we needed them.
My family and close friends! My son in law too…most days! He’s growing on me.

Last edited:
....and BF just texted me. Plans made for later. LOL
Was great to see you, Hank. Folks, here is the kind of guy Hank is ……..

This morning he calls about 5:45 am and asks what we’re having for turkey day. I tell him it’s brats and beans at this joint. He explains his dinner guest plans had changed and he’d be here at 6pm with pork roast and fixins. Sure enough, he shows up with a cooler of warm food to save me, Larry, and Ty from a Thanksgiving dinner of beans and weenies.

He not only prepared a great meal, but drove 70 miles each way to share that with us and spend some evening time with us. A great guy. And a great pork roast meal.

Thanks Hank. It was greatly appreciated. Hope to text you with an elk picture.

I have a wife that has put up with me for 33 years. Three hardworking successful sons and 3 DILs that we love dearly. Life is good! Also the Vikings picked up a win yesterday!

Life is full of twists and turns. You never know where you will be in the plan each day. Make a plan for the unknown.

I got to meet Uncle Larry and share a few laughs. I got Ty's card and will not forget his name again. I see the smile is a family trait and Randy is what he always is, a nice guy.

That smiles and laughs and good will is contagious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back