MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What are you guys paying for gas?

The farmer that is leasing my farm property is getting ready to plant and is concerned with price of diesel and fertilizer right now. This tractor probably sucks down the fuel.
20220517_194639.jpg

These freight companies are completely asinine. We got a freight quote from a guy to deliver us some equipment (atv sized creates) not drive on.

6500 bucks from Minneapolis to Billings, half a trailer load AND THAT WAS A SPLIT COST. The full load to Montana was 13k😳.

Needless to say he didn't get the job
Like you were having something shipped on a semi?
What kind of trailer?

These freight companies are completely asinine. We got a freight quote from a guy to deliver us some equipment (atv sized creates) not drive on.

6500 bucks from Minneapolis to Billings, half a trailer load AND THAT WAS A SPLIT COST. The full load to Montana was 13k😳.

I had a quote for a hazmat tanker load from Cheyenne to Rangely, Co for $22,500. That's a one day load and the guy is home same night. This guy also didn't get the job

Like you were having something shipped on a semi?
What kind of trailer?
Semi yes I imagine a van trailer. I dunno what the deal was but it honestly could've been a miscommunication. But hell for 6500 that's steep to for half a trailer.

Has anyone cut back on their driving? That’s the only thing that will stop the prices from rising.
Yes. When prices started climbing quickly this year I switched vehicles with my wife. I drive 100 miles round trip for work and started driving her Subaru Crosstrek. She drives half that distance on her longest days as an in home caregiver and began driving my 2018 F150.
About a month ago we parked the truck for all but taking the boat to the local lake for the occasional fishing trip. My wife started driving my mother's Ford Focus. We've seen the cost savings.
With the most recent price hike to 4.59 and almost certainly more before Memorial Day weekend, I've canceled a fishing trip dragging my boat 6 hours to a friend's house. He had already canceled coming here for his annual turkey hunt.
I'm not even going to drive my truck to work to change the oil, I'll drive it 5 miles to a friend's house this weekend.
It all adds up, some more than others.

We hit $4.85 a gallon for regular yesterday here in Allentown, PA. Good thing there was a release from the Strategic Reserve. ;)

I hate to say it, but it’s just gonna be that way for a while. It’s gonna take your customers balking at rising costs from shipping, and you not paying the rates for them to come down.

Quick math in my head if I was to quote you on that I’d say around $10k. $13k that guy is gonna do real good especially since he’ll most likely find a back haul.

I think the shortage is due to the amount of fuel spilled with these new POS gas cans. The old ones worked fine. The new ones don’t work period.

This is exactly how I act using the new gas cans.

Back