Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What are you guys paying for gas?

I do not fully understand what that means..

My guess is that the rate should be higher, but because there are so few trucks on the road, truckers are pushing their margins down to get the load? So you have to bid lower to get the load?
22k loads and only 7k trailers, so it's costing a lot more to move loads out of Oregon right now. Truckers are charging more due to the high demand and high fuel costs.

I wish we had some of the prices posted on here. Diesel has been $6.00+ for the past two weeks.

Diesel was $5 and gas $4 yesterday evening at the cheap place. The truck stops on the freeway have diesel at $5.43

I just paid $4.69 for diesel PLUS ALL THE TAXES. There's road tax, federal tax, city tax, county tax AND SALES TAX on top of it all. The only tax I can dodge is the road tax on red fuel.

22k loads and only 7k trailers, so it's costing a lot more to move loads out of Oregon right now. Truckers are charging more due to the high demand and high fuel costs.
Only problem there is when it crashes. Eventually, it will cost more to move the product then what it is actually worth, and then it just won’t ship. Wait till that happens to groceries. When it costs 5K to truck 4.5K worth of groceries, the suppliers will just sit on it. They too aren’t in the game to operate at a loss. And when they decide it’s to expensive to ship, or when the end users can’t afford to absorb the cost anymore, then it’ll turn to gridlock. Empty grocery shelves, empty parts shelves, empty lumber yards, and eventually, empty fuel pumps. Just my opinion, but I think we all should be paying close attention

Only problem there is when it crashes. Eventually, it will cost more to move the product then what it is actually worth, and then it just won’t ship. Wait till that happens to groceries. When it costs 5K to truck 4.5K worth of groceries, the suppliers will just sit on it. They too aren’t in the game to operate at a loss. And when they decide it’s to expensive to ship, or when the end users can’t afford to absorb the cost anymore, then it’ll turn to gridlock. Empty grocery shelves, empty parts shelves, empty lumber yards, and eventually, empty fuel pumps. Just my opinion, but I think we all should be paying close attention

I agree 100%. The thing I see moving heavy equipment (I only really move stuff regionally) is if I don’t move stuff for guys to operate, those guys are sitting. Government projects are still rolling due to bid obligations, but things in the commercial side are slowing. I think the smart money guys are seeing this thing coming to a screeching halt and don’t wanna be hung out to dry.

Who else remembers when diesel was far cheaper than gas? It was always know as a byproduct of refining gasoline. Jit was much more plentiful than gas. It was nearly considered a waste oil. Times have changed. Oil companies are reaping the profit.

Article on high price of diesel.

Meanwhile

Article on high price of diesel.

It seems to me just another one of the excuses. (Putin 🤦🏻‍♂️). My question in regards to this article. It was my understanding that the Biden administration released a higher number of barrels per day from the SPR than what we actually even imported from Russia so how does that excuse even hold water? I understand the demand spike, but what happened to all the excess from when demand was so low that oil was trading in negative numbers. Were the oil companies smart enough to curtail production before the demand fell off so much but didn’t have the same foresight to ramp up production as demand was coming back, or is it all manufactured so they can reap these “out of this solar system” margins they are speaking of.

It seems to me just another one of the excuses. (Putin 🤦🏻‍♂️). My question in regards to this article. It was my understanding that the Biden administration released a higher number of barrels per day from the SPR than what we actually even imported from Russia so how does that excuse even hold water? I understand the demand spike, but what happened to all the excess from when demand was so low that oil was trading in negative numbers. Were the oil companies smart enough to curtail production before the demand fell off so much but didn’t have the same foresight to ramp up production as demand was coming back, or is it all manufactured so they can reap these “out of this solar system” margins they are speaking of.
Seems to me we are headed for self inflicted economic destruction. Don't think you could write a better script for it. I'm just a pawn in all this and going along for the ride like everyone else here. Buckle up, it's going to get bumpy.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back