What are you currently reading?

Finishing up Recollections of Charley Russell by Frank Linderman

Not as Deep a dive into him as I thought it would be. Easy read though.

9780806121123-us-300.jpg

Yesterday I restarted The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy as a part of the Border Trilogies

519qAIcWIKL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just watched first 3 episodes of Joe Pickett on Spectrum Originals. Pretty much follows the book, but not sure which book as I have read them all and my memory ain't what it used to be. Came out yesterday.

Just watched first 3 episodes of Joe Pickett on Spectrum Originals. Pretty much follows the book, but not sure which book as I have read them all and my memory ain't what it used to be. Came out yesterday.
Caught the first episode...was better than expected. Couple of glaring things tho; how does a dude pull a gun, threaten to kill, and assault a GW and not be incarcerated...and calling the elk bucks.

Finishing up Recollections of Charley Russell by Frank Linderman

Not as Deep a dive into him as I thought it would be. Easy read though.

9780806121123-us-300.jpg

Yesterday I restarted The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy as a part of the Border Trilogies

519qAIcWIKL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I do like the story of Charlie and his buddy, each convinced the other couldn't make coffee, would get up earlier each morning to beat the other to the coffee pot.

How was this?
I'd rather read him then listen to him. I got it for my wife's Middle School Library and was previewing it before handing it over to her. I should have guessed there would be a few four letter words in it. MRS likes to keep hunting friendly material in front of her students.

It is nice to get some content from him that is not created by committee. He is the sole author.

The book is many things. The story of his hunt for a bison in the Copper River Country. Also a history of his obsession with bison. Finally, it is a look into the natural history of bison on our continent and their relationship to humans.

What you get in this book is that he is a very thoughtful guy. IMHO, before too many people started telling him he is a thoughtful guy....

I would call it his best work.

I'd rather read him then listen to him. I got it for my wife's Middle School Library and was previewing it before handing it over to her. I should have guessed there would be a few four letter words in it. MRS likes to keep hunting friendly material in front of her students.

It is nice to get some content from him that is not created by committee. He is the sole author.

The book is many things. The story of his hunt for a bison in the Copper River Country. Also a history of his obsession with bison. Finally, it is a look into the natural history of bison on our continent and their relationship to humans.

What you get in this book is that he is a very thoughtful guy. IMHO, before too many people started telling him he is a thoughtful guy....

I would call it his best work.
Agreed, I got the audio book since I was heading on a 10hr drive. It was really good. He read the audio book which adds to it in many ways I thought.

There's a lot to learn in that book about bison and their history.

I've read each of these in the last couple of months. Really interesting reads. I really enjoyed Braving It. Good writer and very personable to read. It feels honest and helps attach the reader emotionally to the struggles and triumphs.Beyond the Trees.jpegBraving It.jpegOn FlyFishingBearRiver.jpeg

A hunters Wanderings in Africa by Fredrick Selous, an interesting read, especially when you consider he seen the ivory trade as a never ending resource. He was shooting cows with 9 to 10 lbs of ivory.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back