What are you currently reading?

Cliff notes/opinion?
Good not great. First half is better than the last half. Turns a bit more self-help at the midway point. They even make mention of this. On to this...

shopping

Just finished Elk Country from Valerius Geist. Quick read, kinda a coffee table book with lots of pictures. Particularly enjoyed the chapter on the hunters connection to the species.

Found hundreds of hunting/gun books at the local consignment, probably from one person's library. Tons of obscure old gems that I'll keep coming back for. The one I'm currently reading is "Getting the most out of modern waterfowling" (1974) by John Cartier

I do t have a lot of time to sit down and read with harvest and the new baby, so I do a lot of audio books, but "drums along the mohawk" was a pretty good one. It's a historical fiction type pieced from a compilation of military reports, newspapers and personal correspondence from the pre revolution Mohawk valley

Recently finished Gateway to Empire by Allan Eckert, the fifth in the series and decided to take a break to some lighter reading.

Picked up Evergreens: A Collection of Maine Outdoor Stories by John Holyoke at a welcome center in Maine. It's a collection of his columns. Fast, easy enjoyable read.

Dune.

At last. Because so many people have posted how awesome it is.

It's not my sort of thing to read, but it's better than I thought it might be at the 1/2 way mark.

I guess the only really good space fantasy book for me was the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy (and sequels). THAT was excellent.

Rereading this one that has been collecting dust on the bookshelf. All about Alberta bighorns. It's fun to read with some good stories and pictures. Ken is a bit of a comedian and writes stories found on the last few pages of each WSF magazine.

20211205_080639.jpg

I just read Ridgeline. It was really good. I can’t believe that fight is basically unknown compared to the Battle of the Little Bighorn.

reading Comfort Crisis. Really good book! Highly recommend. It is about how, as a society, we have too much comfort and rarely get out of our comfort zone. He mixes in an Alaskan Caribou hunt to illustrate many of his points.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back