What are you currently reading?

Big Fan...tried to catch a reading, or two in his later years. Would have liked to share a whiskey with him.View attachment 206812
Which is your fav? I really like Dalva, of course Legends of the Fall (all three shorts) was excellent. Wolf was mediocre IMO. BD was good. I have his last book of poetry, it's not all that good, you can tell death is on his mind.

Which is your fav? I really like Dalva, of course Legends of the Fall (all three shorts) was excellent. Wolf was mediocre IMO. BD was good. I have his last book of poetry, it's not all that good, you can tell death is on his mind.
I reread Dalva last winter . Rather fond of the character Browndog. Not certain which is my favorite. Maybe pick up after Dalva this winter.( see next to horn)

20211227_115632.jpg

The in-laws got me a copy of Snow Bound by Ladd Hamilton. It’s about some rich dudes that went hunting and got lost in North Idaho back in the 1890’s. FIL recommended it saying I’d recognize a lot of the places written about.

We’ll see how it goes. Gordo really liked it and he’s never had a bad recommendation to me.

Next on my list is a re-read of Deep Dark - The Story of the Sunshine Mine Disaster. Although a very sad read, I grew up about 5 miles from the mine, it’s still something I come back to every couple of years.

Just ordered the first four Joe Pickett books. Also this book that Hal Herring has extolled many times on his podcast.
Checking the mailbox every day....

1640841406888.png

The River Why by David James Duncan. Reading fir the fourth time and it still amuses me, prob cuz I’ve fished the same rivers AND have an older brother!

Just Started :

1189454.jpg

This is the extraordinary life of an ordinary man. It is the story of Albert Facey, who lived with simple honesty, compassion and courage. A parentless boy who started work at eight on the rough West Australian frontier, he struggled as an itinerant rural worker, survived the gore of Gallipoli, the loss of his farm in the Depression, the death of his son in World War II and that of his beloved wife after sixty devoted years - yet he felt that his life was fortunate.
Facey's life story, published when he was eighty-seven, has inspired many as a play, a television series, and an award-winning book that has sold over half a million copies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back