PEAX Equipment

What are you currently reading?

Is that a reference to Schaaf's Olympia "beer"??? :)
I was broken of the Oly habit as a child. My dad and uncles were sitting around the campfire drinking Oly and smoking their Winstons. I snuck in after they had left to drink the dregs out of the cans. My uncle Sam had been putting out his cigs in his can.

I recently read Interior Chinatown. Good for getting a better understanding of certain types of discrimination and racial stereotypes but I did not find the story very engaging. I also read The Cold Millions by Jess Walter. The novel is set during the labor fights and unrest in the northwest in the early 1900s. Very well written. It took me awhile to get into the story but the second half of the book was hard to put down.

Lives by Plutarch, pretty boring so far but hoping some of the other mini-biographies will be interesting

Also picked up Long Range Shooting by Cleckner, good rifle book but needed a little break from the constant gun information

Various Computer Science books since I'm in grad school and that's my life right now

I just finished "The Dog Stars". Pretty good and a quick read. Somewhat topical, as the setting is post apocalypse after the world was swept by pandemic flu. Based in Colorado, with scenes of hunting/fishing, violence.

Attachments

• the Dog Stars.jpeg
    the Dog Stars.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
Finished up Better on a Rising Tide and saw that Kindle had The Wild Turkey and Its Hunting by McIlhenny available for 0.99. Decided to download it and I'm very glad I did (other than the fact that I'll now be looking for a nice print copy and they aren't cheap). The first chapter should be required reading for anyone who starts turkey hunting.

None right now.

But I do have three books on order two from Peter Flack... "Hunting the Spiral Horns Kudu" and "Hunting the Spiral Horns Bongo & Nyala."

The third is Patrick J. Steward "Mongolia Hunter."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back