Caribou Gear Tarp

What are you currently reading?

longbow51

I read All the Pretty Horses and The Road... I decided I don't need that kinda negativity in my life ;)

Faulkner... but people have a hard time with Dune? I'ma just gonna say it... if he was a HT'r I'd just look at the pictures and keep on scrolling.
Ditto on McCarthy; didn't read The Road as the premise was too dark, but read some early stuff and No Country for Old Men. Ruthless. Violent.

np307

Received this as a birthday gift. Been looking forward to reading it for some time. The perfect thing to bridge the gap to turkey season.

Attachments

• 20210228_220013.jpg
    20210228_220013.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Harrier

I just finished "For Whom the Bell Tolls", Hemingway. It was some what of a slow read for me. I just ordered Mark Kenyons "That wild country" to start next.
I’ve been reading nonfiction about the Spanish Civil War. I finished “They Shall Not Pass” by Ben Hughes about British volunteers in the International Brigades, and I have a book coming from Amazon about the Abraham Lincoln Battalion.

Klappy

I recently finished "Labyrinth of Ice" By Buddy Levy.
Great read and very entertaining.
Makes the inconveniences of this Covid ordeal seem very "mild" compared to the struggle those guys went through.
Andy

paulag

Just finished a great book on the 1918 "Spanish Flu" pandemic -
The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History by: John M. Barry
This is the "real life" story of how the 1918 pandemic started in Southwest Kansas, and how it spread, and was fought by medical scientists, in an age when virology and epidemiology were just getting started. The book also details just how vaccines were made under what we would say were medieval conditions. It also shows that after 100 years, the pandemic is still being studied.