Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What are you currently reading?

It took years to finish Suttree...and I don't know whay I finished Child of God. He is a very macabre disciple of Faulkner, whom I've started and stopped many times.
I read All the Pretty Horses and The Road... I decided I don't need that kinda negativity in my life ;)

Faulkner... but people have a hard time with Dune? I'ma just gonna say it... if he was a HT'r I'd just look at the pictures and keep on scrolling.

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy - Absolutely worth reading including All the Pretty Horses, Cities of the Plain. The Road was great as was No Country for Old Men.
Currently reading Outer Dark by McCarthy and finding it difficult to get into.

I read All the Pretty Horses and The Road... I decided I don't need that kinda negativity in my life ;)

Faulkner... but people have a hard time with Dune? I'ma just gonna say it... if he was a HT'r I'd just look at the pictures and keep on scrolling.
Try Blood Meridian next!

Starship troopers, with the old breed, bows on the little delta, Japan at war, Malcolm x by Alex Haley, whatever operators manual for the aircraft or equipment im using.

Angle of Repose, by Wallace Stegner.

I hate it, but I'm committed to finish it.

A biographical historical fiction centered around a narcissistic eastern prig of a woman. He set the novel in the 19th century west and then populated it with drunken whoremongers, carpetbaggers and claim jumpers. All of whom she puritanically judges ,including the husband she drove to drink and then reviled him for it.

She goes to great lengths to prevent her children from associating with what she believes to be the feral children of the west. This triggered me to a degree because I had similar eastern cousins whose parents despised my free range, California ranch life upbringing.

Add little gratuitous extra-marital temptation for the Quaker heroine and you've got a highly over-rated novel with some good insights into the public lands policies of the US from 1870-1890.

Angle of Repose, by Wallace Stegner.

I hate it, but I'm committed to finish it.

A biographical historical fiction centered around a narcissistic eastern prig of a woman. He set the novel in the 19th century west and then populated it with drunken whoremongers, carpetbaggers and claim jumpers. All of whom she puritanically judges ,including the husband she drove to drink and then reviled him for it.

She goes to great lengths to prevent her children from associating with what she believes to be the feral children of the west. This triggered me to a degree because I had similar eastern cousins whose parents despised my free range, California ranch life upbringing.

Add little gratuitous extra-marital temptation for the Quaker heroine and you've got a highly over-rated novel with some good insights into the public lands policies of the US from 1870-1890.
It was love/hate for me. I couldn't put it down towards the end.

When my parents moved to the senior center, I grabbed their Time-Life series of books, called The Great Ages of Man. I finished to book on the Byzantine Empire, and now onto the one on the Great Age of India. Very amazing. I think that there are about 17 volumes or so. Looking forward to each one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back