What are you currently reading?

What store? I'm always looking for used reads.
Brused Books in Pullman. I used to visit it all the time when I’d fly out to visit my now-wife who was in school at WSU. Always flew home with a heavier suitcase than what I came with. I’m not sure how covid is treating them, but I know they have things organized enough that they can find authors and titles and would ship books to people too, or at least they used to. Prices were good too!

Brused Books in Pullman. I used to visit it all the time when I’d fly out to visit my now-wife who was in school at WSU. Always flew home with a heavier suitcase than what I came with. I’m not sure how covid is treating them, but I know they have things organized enough that they can find authors and titles and would ship books to people too, or at least they used to. Prices were good too!
Ha! I know it well.

Now reading President Obama’s memoir, “A Promised Land.” It’s impressive that he wrote it himself with no ghostwriter, although that means the accounts of his terms in office range from fascinating to mundane.

Rhythm of War - Brandon Sanderson
Magician: Apprentice - Feist
Empire of the Summer Moon - Gwynne
The People we Hate at the Wedding - Ginder
In Cold Blood - Capote

Re-reading My Side of the Mountain. Visiting some of the books I loved when I was younger because time is currently limited and these young reader books are something I can put down and pick up much later while still remembering the context and general flow of the story.

I was thinking more at retirement...
Read these guys in no particular order...retirement or otherwise

Cormac McCarthy
James Lee Burke
CJ Box
John Treadwell Nichols
John Updike
Edward Abbey
Thomas McGuane
Norman Maclean
Read Robert James Waller at your own risk....

Read these guys in no particular order...retirement or otherwise

Cormac McCarthy
James Lee Burke
CJ Box
John Treadwell Nichols
John Updike
Edward Abbey
Thomas McGuane
Norman Maclean

Read Robert James Waller at your own risk....
I've logged about half of that list so far. There's still a lot of McGuane left to read though.

Absolutely. I've actually quit a couple of his books (or at least one) because I was pretty distraught with what I'd just read, and realized I really wasn't enjoying it.
It took years to finish Suttree...and I don't know whay I finished Child of God. He is a very macabre disciple of Faulkner, whom I've started and stopped many times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back