Caribou Gear Tarp

West Yellowstone Bison?

Got it done in last weekend. Thank you to all the members that helped with with my scouting. I also was lucky enough to meet several other tag holders who were a tremendous help, I even had 4 people who I had just met that morning help with the packout. So far I know of at least 6 state hunters that have been successful so hopefully the trend continues.View attachment 167614
Was this in the West Yellowstone unit? How many days on the hunt?

Congrats. Did you have any issues with protesters?
No issues on this day, myself and another hunter each took one and where we were at would have been a really long hike or ski to get to. We were on snowmobiles, we could see a vehicle watching us from a distance but they never approached.

I did have an issue earlier in the season where it looked like someone walked in along the park border at night and pushed a herd back into the park. I only saw the boot prints and never saw anyone in the act though. Overall it is a really odd hunt when you know you are being watched.

No issues on this day, myself and another hunter each took one and where we were at would have been a really long hike or ski to get to. We were on snowmobiles, we could see a vehicle watching us from a distance but they never approached.

I did have an issue earlier in the season where it looked like someone walked in along the park border at night and pushed a herd back into the park. I only saw the boot prints and never saw anyone in the act though. Overall it is a really odd hunt when you know you are being watched.
I’ve often wondered how the protesting is even legal. In my home state it’s a crime punishable by law to harass hunters or prevent the legal taking of game.

This is good to hear. I am only number 2115 on the roster and should be getting a call real soon...

My son just drew the 395-20 Bison tag this year. We are all super excited as we have all been applying for this tag forever. Just wondering if anyone had any advice on where to start figuring out this adventure?
Thanks!

My little girl drew a couple years ago...

Thanks guys. I have watched the Video and read Cassidy's thread already. Great stuff. We are really looking forward to this hunt. Hopefully, we will have a good snow year to get them moving.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back