West Texas Aoudad Down

Nice Ram Wk!
An animal I'd love to hunt someday.
Mind sharing what you shot him with, etc.

Shot him with a 6.5 PRC with a 156 Berger, shot was close maybe 90 yards. He was watching us so my only shot was front on. Shot him right in front of his front shoulder and dropped him. I was standing up shooting off a tripod. Bullet went in and exploded the heart. I think he was 31 7/8x32 inch ram. Lots of character on him.

Shot him with a 6.5 PRC with a 156 Berger, shot was close maybe 90 yards. He was watching us so my only shot was front on. Shot him right in front of his front shoulder and dropped him. I was standing up shooting off a tripod. Bullet went in and exploded the heart. I think he was 31 7/8x32 inch ram. Lots of character on him.
Nice.
I have a 6.5x284, which is a kissin cousin to your PRC that I've been dying to use on an Aoudad.
Unfortunately I doubt I will ever get to hunt them.
Thanks for the report.

Native desert bighorns???
Not near as many of them, so not as many tags given out. (I think 2-4 are generally issued by draw or raffle for the public to hunt) If we were to eradicate the aoudad, which are a lot more affordable to hunt, a lot less hunt opportunities for everyone. Seems like the aoudad are thriving better in the country than the bighorn anyway. Seems like it would make more sense to let the aoudad live in the country they thrive in, and let the bighorn go elsewhere to a place where they can thrive easier. Versus eradicate all the aoudad and attempt to restore the bighorn herd so a few lucky hunters can get a bighorn tag. Maybe not a correct standpoint but just my thoughts.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back