Wes' 2003 archery desert mule deer

FEW

Here is my buddy wes with his archery buck from last month. I passed on this buck opening day, and did not see him again until Wes shot him 3 weeks later in an area about 2 miles from where I saw him.

image.php

The host is down it usually does not take this long to come back up. It should work sometime....

Well I was there so I can give you the run down...
wink.gif

We had been hunting pretty much all day in some steep crap and had seen a bunch of deer but nothing really worth shooting. About 330 we decided to go check another area that is just north of my house. When we pulled up I told him I was running to my house for refreshments, and would be right back... By the time I got to my house (about 5 minutes) there was already a message on my machine saying he spotted a buck and told me where he was parking his truck. I grabbed the stuff and then went to meet him. It turns out he had spotted the buck working some does along a ridge right above where we usually parked. He just got set up on the ridge right below the trail the deer were walking and after all the does passed he had a 40 yard shot and made a good hit. I waited for about 15 minutes at the truck then saw him coming back with his thumbs up so I knew he hit the buck. We waited a little bit then went to track it which took all of about 5 minutes once we found blood. The buck only ran about 40 yards or so. The tracking was easy but getting that thing through all the cactus and off that mountain was a pain... Of course he has helped me haul a few critters of mine so I did not mind at all.

Few, got the e-mail ya set me on the unit. I like the "refreshments" you guys ended up with
drool.gif
. Again nice buck. Beats the whitetail I got south of Tucson in Oct.

Nice kill.....looks like one Blocan can call the fish&game cops on though, judging from the lateness of the sky
wink.gif

Damn it DS dont make me bring up that 4 year old, 3/4 curl ram of yours.
wink.gif
eek.gif
fight.gif

The buck was actually shot right at sundown and by the time we were on our way back up the mountain it was pretty much dark.... The picture is after we dragged him down and were right by the trucks...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back