PEAX Equipment

Were were you...

Moosie

Grand poopa
......Jan. 28, 1986 When the Space Shuttle Blew up ?

that was my 13th Birthday. I was in Ventura Cali.......

Was attending my freshman year of college at North Dakota State University in Fargo, ND.

I was in Idaho Falls building a house for a bozo who eventually fired me. Bad job, Terrible day.
Nick

I was working as a project manager rebuilding the cable tv systems in Atlantic City, New Jersey, we had a tv suspended from the ceiling so all us MANAGERS could monitor the picture quality. (That was what it was supposed to be used for, we watched cartoons most of the time) When I heard one of the guys yell "HOLY SHIT, COME LOOK AT THIS!" We didn't do much the rest of the day, but watch the reports of the accident and the how comes. I was 35 years old, you guys make me feel old.

Watching tv getting ready for work, I had to go make more space shuttle parts.
No shit we made the parts for that space shuttle a month before it blew up. So yeah we were all scared if our parts were the problem.
They weren't

When the second one blew up a few years ago, I was fishing a tourny , but I was puking my brains out from being sick and sleeping, when a buddy of mine came to see how I was doing he told me what happened.

Delw

It was my 40th birthday and I was sitting at the Blue Moon Saloon in Redondo Beach having breakfast.

:cool:

I was 14 years old and had just gotten done banging my ultra-hot english teacher, Ms. Jones in the coat closet when we heard the principal over the intercom telling about the disaster.

I was in 4th grade watching the events all unfold on the television. Being that young, I only remember the explosion and then having my dad explain to me why his employer at the time, Thiokol, was in a heap of $hit. I watched a few of the solid rocket booster firings in Promintory, UT and knowing what goes into them is truely amazing.

I was a sophmore in high school at the time and remember it all very well.
Barbara Morgan one of the teachers that was going to go up in the shuttle was my little sisters teacher at one time. And growing up in a small town every one knows everyone. Very scary stuff.

I was at work, Naval Subase Bangor. Watching it happen over, and over, and over again on TV. Everyone was stuned, almost no one said anything, just sat and watched.

WW

AZ402 said:
Home sick from Jr. High (12yrs old).

How trippy...I was home sick from Jr. High as well, although I was 13 at the time (8th grade, I believe). I remember I was watching a movie on cable and had no idea until my dad called and asked if I was watching the news.

PS...AZ402, I was in Arizona at the time....were you in JR HIGH in Arizona or somewere else...just curious.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back