Caribou Gear Tarp

We’re all people

Derek44

So I’m admittedly a troll and I look for threads to make fun with.

That said, I’m an avid hunter and have been since I was too little to remember. Native roots and a love for good meat.

I’m posting this, to hopefully let any new comer know that this is an amazing forum and @Big Fin has given us an amazing place to share, converse, argue, and have fun.

The only thing asked is that we follow the terms of service and simply… keep it classy. No personal attacks, no direct insults, no BS.

We have recently lost interactions with some valuable members of this forum, and hopefully the actions that caused that will cease.

We can all have fun, but FFS KEEP IT CLASSY. This is an incredibly cool forum and it would be a shame to see it go away from people directly insulting and being personal with stuff. We’re all on the same team for crying out loud. Even if our vision of how to get there differs.

Have Fun. Post away. Good luck this fall!!

You’re going to wake up one day, flinch when your peripheral vision catches your reflection, and think about the years you wasted on this hunting forum. Hours turn to days, to weeks, to months; your golden years speeding through the hourglass. A corpse screaming into the abyss.

You’re going to wake up one day, flinch when your peripheral vision catches your reflection, and think about the years you wasted on this hunting forum. Hours turn to days, to weeks, to months; your golden years speeding through the hourglass. A corpse screaming into the abyss.
But it’s better than drinking alone 😉

But what about the raffle tickets?? How am I supposed to keep up with opportunities to throw money in the pot if I stay off here

In all fairness, I agree with your statement! If you do spend a bunch of time here at least use it to learn and contribute

That said, I’m an avid hunter and have been since I was too little to remember. Native roots and a love for good meat.

I’m posting this, to hopefully let any new comer know that this is an amazing forum and @Big Fin has given us an amazing place to share, converse, argue, and have fun.

The only thing asked is that we follow the terms of service and simply… keep it classy. No personal attacks, no direct insults, no BS.

We have recently lost interactions with some valuable members of this forum, and hopefully the actions that caused that will cease.

We can all have fun, but FFS KEEP IT CLASSY. This is an incredibly cool forum and it would be a shame to see it go away from people directly insulting and being personal with stuff. We’re all on the same team for crying out loud. Even if our vision of how to get there differs.

Seems like the off season is definitely getting the best of us this year. Thankfully we are starting to see some early season hunt threads popping up.

How else would I know that my mystery shitter was a toad?

Seems like the off season is definitely getting the best of us this year. Thankfully we are starting to see some early season hunt threads popping up.
Every year. Good to follow some hunt threads vs people who can not cope with the idea no one twists their arm to open a thread they personally do not like... Heh!

It's amusing the few who rant about how this or that thread do not relate to hunting, yet they, themselves do not view the sub forum title the thread is under...

Money and Finance, Fishing Hole, Sports, Humor, etc.

In all fairness, I agree with your statement! If you do spend a bunch of time here at least use it to learn and contribute

I can’t see how someone, aside from being omniscient or closed-minded as hell, could spend a lot of time here and not learn anything. Few tropes are as false to me as the ole, “These discussions aren’t changing anyone’s mind.”

They’ve changed mine on all sorts of things.

It is interesting to think though, of where the value of HuntTalk chiefly lies - is it the hunting stories, the conversations about specific topics, the threads serving as a form of news, the friendships created, the fundraising/comment opportunities?

It’s certainly a combo of all these things and different to different people.

I can’t say I’ve ever read something so offensive or irritating as to make me wanna leave and actually don’t think such a thing exists, but I suppose some folks leave because none of the values listed above are doing it for them anymore. Seasons of life.

For me, it’s certainly better than reading the back of the shampoo bottle.

Gah…. You’ve trolled me!. hard to accept such a weak apology 🤪

Kidding!

I couldn’t agree more though, I’ve learned a ton of information from this forum, and it’s super relieving to know how many more young folks just like me there is out there, that’s it’s not a past time reserved for any one demographic. I hate bullies and it does get me fired up when I read hurtful comments, I never mean to be the aggressor, without the best intentions. I have and do apologize for my role in stirring the pot(s). I love seeing the success of others and I LOVE reading the stories. Anyone who loves reading like I do can agree, it’s way more fun to read and let your imagination illustrate, than to watch a meticulously edited film. I also enjoy the personal aspect. We’re all humans here and we all have feelings, families, goals, accomplishments and failures. When folks share these stories, like JLS or Nick trusting this forum so much that they would divulge such personal family issues. Folks like perma, who didnt join to share all their big game photos, they don’t stick around to talk about “well when I shot my _____ in _____” they’re here for the bigger overall scope of this forum. The laughs and jokes, the plethora of information, the motivation and encouragement. I enjoy being here, and there are very few of you I wouldn’t want to meet in person. Thanks HT, thanks @Derek44

You can’t ignore the fact that this site, like any assemblage of society, reflects some of the angst, irritation, impatience, and disrespect becoming more commonplace in everyday interactions. Modern society? Post Covid? Politics? Social Media? All and more.

But… this site has resisted it WAY better than most, due to the efforts of many people caring a lot to make that so, old timers and newcomers alike, and especially an engaged BigFin and team. It takes work, and I hope that work continues. Now let’s get hunting!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back