Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Well said in another thread

ELKCHSR

Muledeer4me
Member # 18

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2004 08:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm pretty sure I do spend too much time on my backside. One of the drawbacks of having an education and an employable skill. People tend to pay you waaaaay too much to use your brain instead of your back."

WOW elkgunner,I wonder how many GOOD hard working people (from this board alone)you just put down .
When did being a decent hard working law abiding person turn into being (lesser then human )you seem to portray?
People might get the impression that you are what an education does to a person??
If not for the other well educated posters on this board ,that haven't let education and money got to there head,we all know this affliction isn't as wide spread as you make it look.

Thank god for the many hard working men and women that helped build this country ,both the educated and those that use there backs to do the labor that elkgunner seem's to think he is to good to do!!!!!

:( :( :( web page

Although that could be seen as Rude. It's a Fact.

People that get a degree tend to get paid WAYYYyy to much for what they do. It's all part of the American system. Usually people without an Education work ALOT harder then people with one. Definately NOT fair for the average person but it is how the system works.

This statement isn't to pick one side or another, but it's a Fact.

(Although there is a Select few that Bypass the system like Myself ;) )

"People that get a degree tend to get paid WAYYYyy to much for what they do. It's all part of the American system. Usually people without an Education work ALOT harder then people with one. Definately NOT fair for the average person but it is how the system works."

Your right moosie,But Im not saying its not fair how the system work's ,those that get an education or do certin jobs should be allowed to be paid more.
I agree with our system.
What I dont agree on is how certin poster's think they are above other's because of there education .
We don't see that type of post's from the other members on this forum and we know there are many that are as well if not better educated then Elkgunner .
Yet time and time again we have to wade through this crap.
I would think that for someone that is as highly educated as elkgunner he would have better ways of getting his position across then to go into other forums to down grade other people.
I guess it just goes to show us all that the education does not make the man.

I know Gunner was Taking a poke at Elkchsr, but we all do when we're discussing topics. It works both ways. By saying Gunner should know better is saying Elkchsr isn't smart enough not to. But Elkchsr won't see it that way and you didn't mean it that way. But since you're an Aliance, it won't matter.

It's all who's "SIDE" you're on anymore it seems like down here :confused: HEll, Even 1-pointer is getting lumped in with comments he isn't makeing.

The only point I was making was why my Ass is the size it happens to be.... The best advantage of having an Ass the size I do, is there is room for both Elkcheese and MD to kiss it....

Although, I did spend time with Moosie last weekend, and there is defintely a little "spreading of the wealth" going on that guy's backside....

WOW! Things from one part of the board are being moved to another part, for no apparent reason??

Teacher, teacher, Billy pinched me!!!! :rolleyes:

FWIW, I'd say that education does not necessarily mean less work, but that is usually less physical work. If you don't think getting an education is hard work, I challenge anyone here to get a PhD, MD, or Law degree. Tell me how easy that was!

Moosie- You gonna have to borrow my pants again!!! :D :D They may fit better this time.

I don't know why everyone gets so excited about someone, who is using a screen name, making comments. I don't know Elkgunner personally but I get a chuckle out of some of his posts. Others I respond to because he is flat wrong :D :D but he is entitled to his opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) ;) ;) . Some posts I ignore because I could give a rip about the topic and others I agree with what he is saying.

I don't know why you take it to heart when he says something. Grow some thicker skins and don't let someone get under it so easily. If you quit responding to him every time he posts something to provoke you pretty soon there won't be a problem; but then what fun would the SI forum be.

I personally have exchanged emails with EG and suspect a lot of the smart assed comment are made just to stir up the people who post on SI. That is just my opinion :cool: :cool: :cool:

Nemont

[ 04-24-2004, 17:21: Message edited by: Nemont ]

Nemont; how can an opinion be wrong?? :confused. Uninformed; possibly. Poorly formulated; often. Wrong; impossible! ;)

What I said is: I respond when I think he is wrong. If his opinion is different then mine then I respond with my opinion.

My point is why worry about what is said on this forum. If you live in Ohio and EG lives in his Own Private Idaho why would anything he posts bother you. I really have no problem with pointing out what an idiot he is when it comes to public lands grazing, (AKA a sagebrush hugger, I love that term) but fully expect and welcome him to make a swipe at me for that. I really can't get that worked up about it because I see it for what it is; a way to burn up my employers bandwidth.

I teach my kids that if someone is calling them names to ignore that person and go on with their lives because they know the truth about themselves. If name calling is still bothering a person at this point in their lives then they have bigger problems than EG.

I have not read where Moosie set this SI forum up for all of us to agree. All of us come from different places and different backgrounds with different values.

In addition have any of you read EG's profile and see his occupation?
Brain Surgeon / Rocket Scientist, that is a tough double major. :D :D

The only point I was making was why my Ass is the size it happens to be.... The best advantage of having an Ass the size I do, is there is room for both Elkcheese and MD to kiss it....
I don't care how big his ass gets it mostly likely will never surpass the size of his ego. I know this much his ass must get a workout while he is busy laughing it off reading all the shit he gets stirred up here on this forum.

Nemont

[ 04-24-2004, 17:23: Message edited by: Nemont ]

Originally posted by Nemont:
I know this much his ass must get a workout while he is busy laughing it off reading all the shit he get stirred up here on this forum.
:D

Nemont,
That had me spitting soda pop all over the monitor.... Other than that one silly stance of your's on grazing public lands, you are generally accurate and correct more than any one other than me... ;)

This is a funnier than Hell thread, as I am not sure that I would have ever thought we could have a thread about the size of my Ass. My head maybe, or my ego, ;) but doubtful that my Ass would have been worthy of discussion.

Moosie,
. By saying Gunner should know better is saying Elkchsr isn't smart enough not to. But Elkchsr won't see it that way and you didn't mean it that way. But since you're an Aliance, it won't matter.
But Mooooooooooosie (said in a school kid voice...) they made fun of my Ass First!

1-Ptr
Moosie- You gonna have to borrow my pants again!!! They may fit better this time.
We kid Moosie, only 'cuz we care..... ;)

Nemont,
I personally have exchanged emails with EG and suspect a lot of the smart assed comment are made just to stir up the people who post on SI.
Would I do that????

And there are tons of subjects/posts that I don't even stir on, just as they are too easy... And generally, kind of like most episodes of the Simpsons :cool: , there is a lesson/moral to the posts. Some posts are intended to educate people about the stupidity of digging pits on Public Lands, others are to remind our younger viewers to do well in school, and get a good education, so they don't have to spend a lifetime digging ditches for the government during fire season...
elkgrin.gif

I have not read where Moosie set this SI forum up for all of us to agree.
I did leave that part out ? ;)

1-pointer, I might have to borrow your pants. I always tell people "I'm not Fat, I'm successfull".
elkgrin.gif

I THOUGHT THIS MAY BE RELEVENT

How To Tell If Your Head's About To Blow Up
From the WEEKLY WORLD NEWS, May 24, 1994

MOSCOW -- Doctors are blaming a rare electrical imbalance in the brain for the bizarre death of a chess player whose head literally exploded in the middle of a championship game!

No one else was hurt in the fatal explosion but four players and three officials at the Moscow Candidate Masters' Chess Championships were sprayed with blood and brain matter when Nikolai Titov's head suddenly blew apart. Experts say he suffered from a condition called Hyper-Cerebral Electrosis or HCE.

"He was deep in concentration with his eyes focused on the board," says Titov's opponent, Vladimir Dobrynin. "All of a sudden his hands flew to his temples and he screamed in pain. Everyone looked up from their games, startled by the noise. Then, as if someone had put a bomb in his cranium, his head popped like a firecracker."

Incredibly, Titiov's is not the first case in which a person's head has spontaneously exploded. Five people are known to have died of HCE in the last 25 years. The most recent death occurred just three years ago in 1991, when European psychic Barbara Nicole's skull burst. Miss Nicole's story was reported by newspapers worldwide, including WWN. "HCE is an extremely rare physical imbalance," said Dr. Anatoly Martinenko, famed neurologist and expert on the human brain who did the autopsy on the brilliant chess expert. "It is a condition in which the circuits of the brain become overloaded by the body's own electricity. The explosions happen during periods of intense mental activity when lots of current is surging through the brain. Victims are highly intelligent people with great powers of concentration. Both Miss Nicole and Mr. Titov were intense people who tended to keep those cerebral circuits overloaded. In a way it could be said they were literally too smart for their own good."

Although Dr. Martinenko says there are probably many undiagnosed cases, he hastens to add that very few people will die from HCE. "Most people who have it will never know. At this point, medical science still doesn't know much about HCE. And since fatalities are so rare it will probably be years before research money becomes available."

In the meantime, the doctor urges people to take it easy and not think too hard for long periods of time. "Take frequent relaxation breaks when you're doing things that take lots of mental focus," he recommends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although HCE is very rare, it can kill. Dr. Martinenko says knowing you have the condition can greatly improve your odds of surviving it. A "yes" answer to any three of the following seven questions could mean that you have HCE:
Does your head sometimes ache when you think too hard? (Head pain can indicate overloaded brain circuits.)
Do you ever hear a faint ringing or humming sound in your ears? (It could be the sound of electricity in the skull cavity.)
Do you sometimes find yourself unable to get a thought out of your head? (This is a possible sign of too much electrical activity in the cerebral cortex.)
Do you spend more than five hours a day reading, balancing your checkbook, or other thoughtful activity? (A common symptom of HCE is a tendency to over-use the brain.)
When you get angry or frustrated do you feel pressure in your temples? (Friends of people who died of HCE say the victims often complained of head pressure in times of strong emotion.)
Do you ever overeat on ice cream, doughnuts and other sweets? (A craving for sugar is typical of people with too much electrical pressure in the cranium.)
Do you tend to analyze yourself too much? (HCE sufferers are often introspective, "over-thinking" their lives.)

Noises in the head are scary but harmless

October 24, 2000

BY JOEL SAPER

SOMETIMES THE MOST AWFUL symptom can be entirely harmless.

Such is the case with certain types of headache conditions that produce severe and intolerable pain but carry no dangerous implication. The same is true with a rare condition called exploding head syndrome.

More than 55 cases have been reported in the medical literature. But it is likely that hundreds, if not thousands, of patients have experienced this phenomenon.

A nighttime phenomenon

The condition is characterized by a terrifying sense of explosive noise in the head, and it typically occurs within an hour or two after falling asleep. Individuals report that they are awakened by a startling and frightening massive sound that they can clearly distinguish from a dream. It occurs exclusively at night and is unaccompanied by any pain.

The sound has been described as an "explosion," "enormous roar" and "so loud it could kill me."

Activities prior to retiring at bedtime do not appear to have any relationship to the sound, although three physicians, who themselves suffered from these attacks, report that the incidents occur during periods of personal stress or when they are particularly tired and overworked. The attacks may develop at any time during life, even in childhood. Women are slightly more likely to experience these events than men.

Sometimes two or more attacks may occur over a period of days or weeks, followed by total remission. One individual reported up to seven attacks in one night, only to have them vanish for several months. Some individuals experience only one such attack during a lifetime. A family history of similar attacks has been reported by a few individuals, and some report a history of migraine or epilepsy.

After the attack, patients often feel a sense of terror, rapid heartbeat and anxiety.

No cause has been found

A 73-year-old physically and mentally normal woman who experienced attacks of migraine throughout her life began to experience, at age 67, a different type of attack that would occur 2-3 times per week, exclusively during sleep. The attacks were characterized by "being awakened by a sudden bang in my head, as if my head were bursting, with a flash of light in both eyes, and after which I would feel dazed for a split second." The individual reported that she was terrified and experienced "heart thumping" after the attack. No pain was experienced. Her examination was normal, and the patient remained healthy.

No underlying cause has been identified to explain the condition, which was first reported in 1988. Some authorities have suggested that it may have something to do with a sudden movement of a middle ear component or a "springing open" of the eustachian tube. Others have suggested that it may be related to a minor seizure in the temporal lobe that contains the nerve cells for hearing.

All agree, however, that exploding head syndrome is an entirely benign condition, is not caused by psychological disturbances and is very real and frightening.

DR. JOEL SAPER is director of the Michigan Head Pain & Neurological Institute in Ann Arbor. Write to him at: Dr. Joel Saper, c/o Detroit Free Press, P.O. Box 828, Detroit

Nemont- I'm starting to like you more by the minute. :D You've seen EG for the trailer trash he is! ;)

Moosie- I'll send those pants and one of my old 'mu-mu's up for ya, if you run short on clothes.

BTW, I don't think EG's ass is that big, it just looks big because he's 4'11"!

PS- Did Bob make it through the winter?

So that every one knows the truth that El’spunker, Jizz and his butt buddies keep harping on, I only bring up the name-calling, and because a bunch of you turd tampers seem to think it’s fun and dandy and can be put up just anywhere. While your Buzzing on yourselves over this little bit of having fun... :D
El’spunker and Jizz, since it is for some reason your duty to jump any ones shit for jumping to conclusions, (as seems to be most that are left wing radical screwballs) the "hole" in the ground as you self righteous shit for brained idiots seem to be so razzed up over is on Private property, I have permission to put it there and it was done and photographed for the sole purpose of posting here because you bone headed ass lickers can't remember far back enough, or never actually read any thing else that isn’t on your little agendas, Moosie stated he would like to see how one was made in the survival section last year.... These places have been on this continent for over ten thousand years, and even longer around the world and now are wrong, just because you watermelons think it is absolutely an abomination to the planet and being politically correct is the answer to every thing.
Since it is your only perverse ignorance to think that continual berating and nasty slamming is funny, and only meant in good-natured humor, then you won’t mind the continual use of it against you. Is it just because of your schooling that you think it makes you superior, or just that you got away with it in the forth grade and it is still just the only thing you know. There are a lot of good people on this board and I haven't talked to many that think you jerk offs are being funny even in the least. You only do this because you are so narrow minded, shallow #*^@#* wads that this is the only way you shit for brains think you can stand out...
See, calling names isn't that hard, I could sit and do it all day. Does it make me look any smarter, does it further my cause. I really doubt it. Will it show you how stupid you really look doing it, yes, will it be sucked into your empty little gourds, probably not. I have seen and been around your types my whole life, do you think I have been impressed by any of them...well let me think.... Nope...not one... :rolleyes:
Am I doing this because I'm pissed off with the ignorance of this whole deal, not really! ;) . Disappointed well.... That would sum it up better. I have only been on this board for two and a half years, and come down to this area to try and learn things, after wading thru tons of shit, I do get some good info, plus it keeps me up to date on how ignorant a few can be.
There are a lot of way's to draw lots of attention to this area with out being ignorant ****s about it. Since I have been on this board, I have seen a lot of people come and a lot go, there are even a lot that are still on the board and in chat, do they come in here any more… Nope… Is it because the info isn't there after wading thru all the bully-bullshit...Nope...Is it because there are things they just aren't interested in... Nope...Is it because that a few of the creeps that frequent this area act like hyenas to pounce on new people and slam them to the point that any thing good they could have taught us is now lost because these same stupid little people think they are being funny or what ever these bullyshitpukes decide to call it, when being funny is an out right lie. !!!Lire pieces of shit!!!...Well, I would tend to lean in that direction...
I know a couple spunk wads will jump right on this and say what ever, I sure hope they don't think I would really care...If they do, they will only be deluding themselves...
1 pointer (Tyler) I can't help that you think I have lumped you into any of the posts I have put up in the past, or this one for that matter, it has never been meant as such and I will apologize for any misunderstanding on your part...
Since name-calling and the like seem to be what the norm in this section of the board want, it is your decisions and if because you have wanted it, actually welcomed it. Then it is on you... ;) :D
I will also apologize for the good people that this post will offend, as I know it will. It isn’t meant for you in the least and hope none is taken.
If I get censored for any thing I say here, then I will understand that there is double standards on this board and since I have always been under the impression that it was an open forum as long as we keep the naked pics out of it, every thing is now fair game... :D
Fair enough for you.... Fair enough for me.... :D

LMAO.....Russ take a breath....O.K. just so you know these jackoffs are not woth getting all worked up over. It is just there mind sets they think they are educated, maybe they are, but in the real world that does'nt usually add up to chit. See now they will think I'm talking about their big cities and cozy homes as the real world, but I'm not, I'm talking about the real world and you know where that is. Keep posting what you enjoy to post and let the real outdoorsman around here enjoy them.

Oh...I'm not worked up...I am having fun...I really didn't think this stuff is fun, and I don't think any one else does, but I was told by the three pigs that it is... LMAO!!!! So, it is all in fun...It is really going to be fun to just sit and trash any thing they bring up, because it is all meant to be in fun any way... :D :D :D

"It is a condition in which the circuits of the brain become overloaded by the body's own electricity. The explosions happen during periods of intense mental activity when lots of current is surging through the brain. Victims are highly intelligent people with great powers of concentration.
Damn, I better be more careful in the future.

Oak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back