Well, it's not good. Not religious but prayers are welcomed.

I'm going to add something that I left out before. The comments about strength and such made me think twice. To be honest, I have to admit that I struggle sometimes with the situation. It's hard. I get discouraged and sometimes depressed about how our lives are going now. Not being able to go anywhere or do much of anything is a big mental challenge. Thinking about how that's going to be the case for the rest of my life isn't very pleasant. It's just starting to sink in about losing my deer hunting place. That was pretty much the one thing left that made me happy. The "me time" to get my head straight, the feeling of accomplishment when I brought deer home, the meat in the freezer. I don't have any desire to start searching for another place because it's just a pain anymore to get away from home for long enough to do any good. I told my dad that I had a good run and killed LOTS of deer in my life. Maybe I'll find another rabbit in the yard this winter and play "great white hunter" again. Not much I can do about any of this and that works on my mind more than I want to admit. Quitting a normal life cold turkey like this is no fun. I'll see what happens and try to make the most of it. Not much else I can do. I do enjoy the hunt recaps and pictures posted here, please keep them coming! It really helps those of us who are stuck at home keep the dream alive. I've really been missing the mountains lately. Now I'm starting to ramble so I'm going to stop here. Enjoy what you have now because it can stop at any time! Trust me.

Good news! I bitched and complained to enough people about the garbage truck breaking the water hydrant that I found the right person, finally. Got a call back today and she said they were crediting our account for the amount of the damages! I had told her I would cancel the service but I was told we were still under contract for a while and would be charged a bunch to cancel it. Planned on going to the office tomorrow to bitch and threaten going to court but now it's settled. Small victory but I'll take it! :cool:

Good news! I bitched and complained to enough people about the garbage truck breaking the water hydrant that I found the right person, finally. Got a call back today and she said they were crediting our account for the amount of the damages! I had told her I would cancel the service but I was told we were still under contract for a while and would be charged a bunch to cancel it. Planned on going to the office tomorrow to bitch and threaten going to court but now it's settled. Small victory but I'll take it! :cool:
Still bullshit that you have to constantly fight just to keep things honest.

Back