Well It Started Out,,,,

Hunterman

,,,Great....Lady Nutcracker and I took all day yesterday to build a brick wall( the kind that kind of looks like a scallop) down our driveway..About 70 to 75'..looking great :D We put up 410 and ran out :eek: We needed 15 more to finlsh the job..Road trip to K-Mart..We get the 15 bricks, but they are not quite like the ones we had, so we did the mix trick( you know take one from here and there to mix them up some hump ) This wall is looking great..The next to the last brick goes on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND 15' OF THE DAMN THING FALLS :MAD ( I knew I should have put something behind it |oo ):BLEEP: So now this morning I have to go and take that side down and redo it...Its not going to be too bad,,,but the bricks weigh around 20 pounds each..I was going to do it yesterday, but we were too damn sore and tired..(425 total bricks X 20 pounds each=8500 pounds of brick..And we handled them twice..that comes to 17000 pounds of brick...No wonder we were tired and sore)

Oh well,, when it does get done its going to give us a more finished look to the driveway..(I've wanted to do this for 8 years hump ) And no I'm not going to do this again :cool:

Hunterman(Tony)

hell hunterman, put them girls of yours to work while you and lady nutcracker sit back drinking a cold one, oh wait, you want it done right

got2hunt this is Hunterman's oldest daughter and he will tell you that if he has his girls do it there is not a doubt in his mind that the job would be done right. We even helped unload the bricks, but I just had stuff to do over the weekend and could not make it out there to help.

Ok, I have to vouch for my sisters and I. I have been working all weekend, Tim and Karen and my family can tell you how much time I spend working and even on my days off. Erin is in Florida. And Shannon, I dont know what she was doing, but if she (Jay Bird) says she had plans, then she was busy.
But aside from that, things do get done right when we (my sisters and I) help with them.
And dad, for the record, you told us to lift the gate when you said "OK", and well, you said "OK". Sorry about your finger, AGAIN!!
But the wall does look good, and I didnt even hit it when I backed my car up. :)

Wiskers,,as soon as Quick Draw get back from Florada with our camera I'll get some pics up of our wall....For being the first time I ever did something like this,,it still looks damn good hump

Hunterman(Tony)

That's right as soon as i get back with teh camera with all my working vacation pics on it ya'll will have pics of the wall and of Florida.

Oh and got2hunt I bet that my dad can go away for a week ask me and my sisters to do something and he won't really worry about it not being done right when he gets home., he just didn't have any of us there to bring up the idea of putting something behind the bricks.
Quick Draw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back