Welcome to the Real World!

1_pointer

I was notified yesterday that I've been offered a position with the BLM working on non-native weed invation and fire restoration. So, ready or not I guess I have to enter the real world.

You make it sound like that is a bad thing.
rolleyes.gif

Elkhunter- Nope, not a bad thing, just relating that a fast and fancy free lifestyle
wink.gif
is ending.

Thanks WH!

Ithaca- I don't know if it will be a career (plus its an internship position), but I think the experience will be worthwhile. The biggest thing my CV is lacking is experience, I've not done much other than school. Should be interesting. The biggest downside is whether or not I can get off for the bear hunt in June. I'd hate to have to eat the plane ticket and down payment.

Pointer, congratulations on finally getting to where you give about 1/3 of your income to the gov't.

Don't worry about the bear hunt, your ticket and downpayment won't go to waste I'll see to that
wink.gif
just send me the info.....

Anyway, congrats on the opportunity.

WH- I'm going with the group here to Canada.

Mars- If I happen to be able to go, you've got dibs! Hell, they get a healthy portion of my stipend now.

Oak- Salt Lake City field office. We'll be working in Skull Valley, west of the lake.

Thanks all for the well wishes!

Way to go on the new position 1-pointer. Although if you can't make the bear hunt, I think you should pass the deposit my way since I am a fellow BLM'er.
biggrin.gif

When do you start?

Washington Hunter.. It's a Bear hunt over bait... YOU swouldn;'t like it, It's like a CANNEd hunt
wink.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Tyler.. tell me who your boss is.. I'll talk to that Fugger !!!!

Tyler, I think that is great. Not loosing the fast and fancy free lifestyle, but working in the field for what you are studying. Good luck with it.
cool.gif

Congrats 1PNTR, apply what you know, learn more about what you don't (hope that doesn't sound to infantile - for those that get offended by my writings).

Congrats, hope you still get to do the hunt though.

Moosie, Sure I'd like it. At least the bear isn't tied up, just waiting to be shot. In fact, I killed a bear over bait in Idaho, 4 years ago. A real nice bear too. Chocolate, and a pretty good size one, at least that's what they told me. I have to admit, it wasn't the most challenging hunt I've ever been on. In fact, it wasn't the least bit challenging. The most enjoyable part was riding the snowmobiles up over that pass, from the Montana side to the Idaho side. I don't remember the name of any of the roads, but we came out of Superior and drove as far as possible when the snow got too deep, and went the rest of the way to camp on snowmobiles pulling sleds. I think we were in the Lolo National Forest by the Clearwater River. The outfitter we hunted with was Mike Stockton, if I remember right. Have you heard of him? I only went because my dad wanted to get a bear and he didn't want to go by himself, so I went along and he paid for it. If I had the time and really wanted to go bear hunting I'd probably go to Montana in the Spring. I've heard there is some pretty good bear hunting that time of year, and you can get them by spotting and stalking. Here in Washington there's a lot of bears in the northeast, but we don't have a Spring season. It does sound like a fun trip. I hope all you guys are successful.

One pointer, sorry for messing up your thread! Got a little off subject.
rolleyes.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-02-2003 00:00: Message edited by: Washington Hunter ]</font>

MTmiller- I start in May. Before I get to start the job I have to attend a two week long class in MT in May. So, if I have the weekend off, I'm gonna try to hook up with some of the MT boys.

Moosie- I'll let you know as soon as I know.

I do have a lot to learn!!

WH, I used to know Stockton, but he sold his outfit, and I don't know where he went from there. We used to meet up at his camp once and awhile.

Go gettem 1PNTR.

I wish you luck on the job , 1 Pointer .

It's debatable , though , if you are entering the "real world" , working for the BLM .............
biggrin.gif

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back