Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Welcome to Idaho elk camp (semi-live)

Posted up now glassing and tucked in some trees in a park we have seen elk. If elk come out here great if not hopefully locate some others from here. Nothing talking so kinda going ambush style tonight.
20230912_180805.jpg20230912_180802.jpg

Cutting firewood worked up an appetite for elk camp nutritional goodies.
20230912_121139.jpg20230912_181021.jpg

Keep it up! If you get bored around camp after you fill your bellies you might discuss who's worth picking for Bristol Saturday night. ;) Or not. I need all the help I can get clawing my way out of this hole.

Well no more elk hit the park.
We see elk everywhere glassing, which is a net positive. Literally everywhere. I could glass 8 good size parks tonight from my perch and 5 of them had elk. The negative is they won't talk. We heard zero elk vocalizations again tonight. We will just keep using our glass to setup hunts until they start to sing a little.
Tomorrow looks like a possible rainy day so I'm gonna head to big sky then bozeman to get some work done. I'll be back to the wall tent for dinner and get the update on the days hunt from Jason and Ron. Stay tuned...

I really felt like I knew that area well when I lived down there and hunted it but I can truly say I don’t think I have any good idea of where you’re hunting. Good luck, looks like a great time and fun hunting
There is 2 pics I've posted I think could be telling.

Well no more elk hit the park.
We see elk everywhere glassing, which is a net positive. Literally everywhere. I could glass 8 good size parks tonight from my perch and 5 of them had elk. The negative is they won't talk. We heard zero elk vocalizations again tonight. We will just keep using our glass to setup hunts until they start to sing a little.
Tomorrow looks like a possible rainy day so I'm gonna head to big sky then bozeman to get some work done. I'll be back to the wall tent for dinner and get the update on the days hunt from Jason and Ron. Stay tuned...
If you are around during lunchtime I got you on a beer brother! It would be an honor and a pleasure! I thought you were in ID??? Must be hunting near IP?

Shoot me a PM, and if you need another pack guy, it’s a little bit of a jaunt for me but I’ll be there if’n you need me!

Jeff

Where you at mang??? I’m at R bar for the moment, had to grub early to be back for beams but I’ll be here for another half hour-45 if you’re around! The bar owes me a round anyway! $10 burger and a brew today..

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back