Caribou Gear Tarp

Weatherby rifles...specifically the vanguard series

G

Guest member 25165

Cabelas used to sell this Weatherby Lazerguard line of rifles specifically for their store. They were discontinued from Cabelas and now Weatherby is selling them directly in their vanguard line. The rifle looks like a Lazermark with a vanguard action. Anyways, I just think the stock is a beautiful piece and have been tossing around the purchase for awhile now. What has stopped me from pulling the trigger is that I hear just as many stories about inaccurate shooters as I do tack drivers. Anyone have any experience with the vanguard series of rifles? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Jess

I don't have experience with that particular model, but my Vanguard .270 treated me very well all the years I used it. Shot great when sighting in always.

I'm a huge fan, I have a vanguard in 300 wsm topped with a Nikon prostaff 5. One hole groups at 100 yards and 2 to 3 inch at 300 yards. I couldn't be happier. Got it around 2004 I think. It's been a while anyway

Goat

I have one in .30-06 and .338wm and both are great rifles. Along with Tikka, I've never heard anyone complain about the accuracy of a vanguard.

Another happy owner of a Weatherby Vanguard rifle. Mine is a series 2 chambered in 30-06. I have many rifles but this particular rifle is the first I grab when hunting big game.

what ccc says... guaranteed accuracy, or weatherby will repair or replace the rifle. i have a vanguard, and i love it. clean lines, beautiful stock, great shooter. if you can get it for a decent price, jump on it.

I bought a vanguard 7mm. Wasn't happy so I had it floated and glass bedded, still not happy. I was expecting way more from that gun. If anyone was interested its for sale lol

a little bit of knowledge for you, Weatherby vanguard...made by Howa.
we dont have accuracy issues with our rifles.

I've owned 3 Vangaurds and a Howa 1500. IMO the earlier rifles were better made than the new Series 2 rifles. Except for the triggers. The triggers in the early Vanguards S1 were/are really bad. The two stage trigger in the S2's are much improved, but I would still upgrade to a Timney. That being said I haven't owned any of the LazerGaurd rifles or any Vangaurds with a wooden stock. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Especially if you can find one of those early Lazergaurds that were sold at Cabelas.

Ive got a Vanguard Series 2 in .308. Best rifle I've got. I realize thats not saying a lot to some people, but the gun flat out shoots. 100yd groups are about .6" and that accuracy maintains out to 300 yds using Nosler Accubonds. I frankly don't see a need for another rifle. The trigger is very nice and Its all I need.

I have 2 of the earlier Models, a Weatherby VGS and a S&W 1500, both 7RM's. Both are 3/4" shooters, with Wally Mart ammo when I do my part. I've had many, many 3 shot handloads that could be covered with a dime.

They're both Safe Queens now, just because I learned I don't need a Mag anything anymore.......or I just got to be a better hunter & a better field shooter......

Want one?

I've had the Vanguard S2 in 240 Wby for about 6 months now, about 40 rounds through it and it is a sweet shooter, under an inch and very negligible recoil. Would be a very nice antelope, open country mule deer rifle.

I've got a vanguard in 257 wby. Haven't carried it in three or four years. It's probably a little heavy. Shoots good, just seem to find my hands on the swede when I reach in the safe. I should sell it, for another 26 caliber something.

Just shot my new Vanguard S2 in 30/06 last Friday, and what a shooter it is! Crazy accurate, very impressed. I also have a Mark V with a Lilja barrel on it that comes nowhere close to this plain vanilla guns accuracy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back